Chapter 7- Court Laws

It wasn't long that Percy got better, especially with Tony cuddling and making sure he was okay 'subtitly'

It was one day when Percy dragged Tony outside with a baseball glove and mitt that Tony relented. As they were throwing the ball back and forth under watchful eyes of Happy that Tony started the conversation "So, you have a choice. You can live here in my New York house or we can go and live in my Malibu house and visit here for the summer?" Tony asked

Percy looked contemplating before he opened a mouth, after throwing the ball back to Tony, "I want to see what Malibu is like." he replied quietly afraid that Tony was going to disagree.

Tony just smiled, "We'll have to be here for a few more weeks and handle the whole Gabe situation." Tony said with a soft smile.

Percy totally forgot about Gabe for the last few weeks. The man hadn't even tried to find Percy and it seemed that he just totally forgotten about him which Percy was alright with. However, the legal system may suggest otherwise.

Instead of objecting Percy just nodded and caught the ball that Tony threw even though it was a bit wide, "Have you ever done this before?" Percy asked curious.

"This? No. I've done something similar but never with an actual baseball." Tony said as he caught the ball, barely, that Percy threw.

"Your dad never did this?" Percy asked curious.

Tony shook his head and Percy could read enough to know that he should go to another subject. He saw the face that he wore whenever someone mentioned Gabe and he instead asked, "What's going to happen with the court and stuff?" Percy questioned.

"I'll talk to a judge privately to keep this under wrap, don't want to introduce you to paparazzi just yet (or ever) and talk to a lawyer that keeps things under wrap and Pepper. Overall, Gabe will lose and you'll be under my care. No more Gabe. I'll also see about him going to prison about Child Endangerment, Child Abuse, and Child Neglect. That's just some on the list." Tony said tossing the ball to Percy.

Percy frowned, "That's a lot of lawbreaking." he said more to himself that to Tony.

"The law is very good when you can manipulate it but not break any laws." Tony said

Percy frowned and wanted to say that it's not nice but then he thought about what Gabe did to him and his family and he just couldn't complain.

Instead he knew the one law that he wished that Gabe didn't get away with, "And murder." he said softly but loud enough for Tony and Happy to hear.

Tony who was about to throw the ball dropped it in shock as he watched the six year old look away from him and down at his feet.

He remembered how they met and how his parents died and he was instantly by Percy's side and pulled him into a hug.

He let Percy cry on his shoulder and gave and saw Happy's heartbreaking look at Percy. He felt it too.

The six year old who only in a few weeks has wormed his way into the cold hearted, heart of Tony Stark and his driver/bodyguard Happy Hogan.

"Let's not think about that right now okay bud?" Tony said softly.

Percy nodded in agreement and then Tony got this mischievous smile on his face and picked Percy up but flipped him so he was upside down.

Happy laughed at Percy's squeal of laughter and Tony smiled thankful that Percy was still young and his emotions could be swayed easily.

But he wasn't over the fact that Gabe Ugliano has hurt Percy. Not just physically but also emotionally. Part of him wanted revenge and justice but then he heard another one of Percy's squeal of laughter and he pushed that dark thought out of his mind and locked it away.

For Percy's sake. The kid couldn't lose anymore family.