Chapter 14- Natalie Rushman

So I did the voting and here are the winners.

For Percy pairings we have Perluke (PercyXLuke)
Happy Loner (HappyXLoner)
Clintasha (ClintXNatasha)
I had a question regarding Tony. The majority went PepperXTony but I really wanted TonyXSteve. Is it possible that you guys would be okay if I did TonyXSteve but have Pepper still be a mom sort of to Percy. I know that was the most reason that you chose it and I was just wondering if you're okay if I did TonyXSteve instead?

The Iron Man suit looked spectacular and out of this world and so advanced in technology Tony's enemy list became larger.

That just meant more worry for Percy but for the most part he usually ignored the side of his brain that says 'What ifs' and instead just spends his time with father the most he could with his dads busy schedule.

Yes he said it, dad. It's what Percy has taken to calling him in his head. He never knew a good time to just out and tell Tony because everytime seemed like a horrible time with him tracking down anyone who Stane might've sold weapons too.

Of course he totally hated Stane especially when he nearly killed his dad. Walking in on Tony nearly dead on the couch was not something you forget easily.

Thank god for Pepper and her inability to throw out sentimental items that Tony may find unsentimental.

However it was definitely creepy having to put said arc reactor so Tony could live, he never look at his hand the same, but he was thankful when it was all over and he could actually look at his hand again without having to think about that moment.

His birthday was actually coming up soon and Tony was going to come visit along with Pepper and his apparent new assistant Natalie Rushman (who was not who she says she was)

Thankfully Tony had some time away from his works he even visited early. This was the first birthday they were spending together (that wasn't Peppers) and Tony wasn't going to miss it at all.

Pepper even made sure to clear his schedule for that entire week (which was just brilliant and absolutely awesome) so they had a whole week to spend together.

Most of which Percy spent hitting Tony with a water gun when they weren't in the workshop (thank god his arc reactor was water proof otherwise their water battles would be lousy one-sided fight.

Even happy joined in on the large water fight (this was before the new assistant and Pepper came that is) that ended up with all of them soaked to the bone (well Percy was already getting pretty dry) and each of them were laughing.

It was a recurring thing that happened during the summer and whenever Tony was home. Their large water battles were actually them experimenting with his ability to be dry when he really thought about it (sometimes he got a headache though but Tony told him it was completely fine and normal for someone his age).

They discovered that little trick three months into the adoption when Percy accidently fell into the pool (don't ask) and climbed out completely dry not noticing that he was actually suppose to be wet.

Tony just said he was probably a mutant or something and when asked what he thought just gave a shrug and then they launched back into their workshop.

Tony was completely cool with the fact that Percy had some sort of unbecoming ability with water but neither really cared. It made their water battles that much interesting.

It also helped when Tony didn't really want to be wet (especially when Percy doesn't want to get out of a bath then things gets messy)

So when Natalie Rushman actual came over things were awkward for a bit especially because she kept looking at Percy as if he had two heads and then there were her narrowed eyes as if he caused some sort of problem to her.

She also kept looking at Tony like he was giant puzzle and with snake eyes as if she was trying to figure out his darkest secret and upon finding Percy figured he knew something that she should know.

It was pretty creepy to be honest especially her fake smile. Percy absolutely hated it when people couldn't have a genuine smile on their face but instead post a stupid fake smile.

As if he couldn't read through them!

He could catch Tony's BS smile all the time. Hers was no problem and it irked him to no end how many times she used it and then there was this fake cheerfulness about her.

It was annoying to say the least how Happy, Pepper, and Tony all seemed to be seeing right through her lying teeth!

So he might've gotten crabby with all of them over the week but he kept his mouth shut on why. He knew Tony was worried about his mood but dang it!

It irked him how much she seemed to be getting away with lying! His mother always told him lying was bad and here she was disobeying all his mother's rules!

How rude was that!

It wasn't until his actual birthday when he plastered a smile over his annoyance and shoved it away (mostly for all their sakes when he's in a bad mood he can be in a bad mood)

So it came as a surprise when he was handed a gift from Ms.I'm Lying Straight Through My Teeth for his birthday.

Blinking a few times he carefully opened it (completely expecting something to jump out and kill him) he took a moment to be pleased that one, he wasn't dead.

And two the awesome skateboard that was lying in the box. Carefully he took it out and spun the wheels already calculating how to take them off and make his own at some point this week and turned it over to see the design.

His face had a real smile on it when the picture was that of Iron Man in an epic scene flying just above where the picture was so it had a nice amount of details on it that gave it a sort of personality to it.

"Thanks." he said and really meant it to Natalie. Her smile was still fake but seemed to be less and it made Percy relax and carefully scan over the skateboard again.

This was too nice of a gift to actually use (maybe here and there) but for the most part he was going to hang it up with some of his other stuff on the wall and try and build a better skateboard.

Sorry if this chappy is a bit boring the next one is suppose to be more interesting.