Chapter 28: Lightning Thief

When I first heard of the quest that I had to go on, and where exactly I needed to go. I did the smart thing, I called dad so Happy could drive my friends and I to Los Angeles where we had to find the Underworld entrance from there.

Though, halfway to Los Angeles we had to stop and get gas, and during that time Ares gave us a small side quest.

Happy was annoyed but didn't mind waiting for us to finish getting the shield (it was either accept or getting on Ares bad list which was a bit of a no-no for now).

After totally scaring Annabeth (who was the third person on the quest) with the robotic spiders) I had a blast hacking into the spiders and then making do the Macarena as best as they could (with the song playing in the background too!).

It was apparently also hilarious for Olympus who was watching at the time as I was simply controlling at the spiders via my Stark phone (I apparently also got the attention of Hephaestus for being able to hack his electronics but you know, details)

After that Happy drove us the rest of the way to Los Angeles where he reluctantly let us finish the quest on our own.

With help from Annabeth and Luke, we found the DOA recording studios where I told Charon that we all died during the alien invasion.

It seemed to have been one of the few events that Charon had to let people into the underworld without a drachma because he was still processing the people who had died during the event (if he didn't then the studio would've been way too crowded and the people who could get processed wouldn't be able to).

After that, getting past the Cerberus was pretty easy (especially when Annabeth just so happen to have a red ball that caught the Cerberus's attention).

Talking to Hades; however, was a rollercoaster. First he accused us of stealing his helmet, then thanked us for delivering Zeus' bolt, then trying to kill us, then Persephone entered and berated her husband and told him of our little Olympus show that she watched and found hilarious, she blatantly told him that it was also during that show that we got the shield with the bolt and not before, Hades then apologized under Persephone's watchful eyes; soon after apologizing, asked us if we would kindly find where his helmet went and return it to him.

It was all kind-of confusing, but being the kind, loving person I am. I told him to fuck off before falling under the tearful look of Persephone and hastily accepted the side-quest. You know, after we delivered Drama Queen's toy so he doesn't smite me.

After delivering the bolt, we asked Alecto (Hades Fury, why Hades needed a Fury who knows) to lead us to where she may sense the bolt last.

Which then lead the three of us on the shores of a beach in front of a gloating Ares who bragged about receiving the helmet and blah, blah, blah.

Honestly, the fight was rather anti-climatic. We fought, he made the stupid mistake of stepping into the water (aka, my domain) and then I won. Simple really. I don't know how he ever became God of War with that little brain of his.

Everyone knows that in order to lead and fight a war, you needed to have a plan. Otherwise, your soldiers are going to get killed and you'll just lose the battle.

Really, wasn't this common knowledge? Or was he just too old and got knocked in the head to often to remember this part of war?

Other news, I received this cool feast when we returned from our quest with little injuries. I also loved how dramatic Luke was about the whole quest (especially about the spiders much to the Athena cabin's shuddering).