Chapter 5- Protectiveness

The days moved by slowly for Percy as he itched for the day that Tony returned. Happy helped him with his homework when his dyslexia was making it hard for him.

It was probably the best week Percy had at school because he actually finally got help and now understood what other kids his age were talking about.

The school bullies haven't picked on him either for that week and Percy couldn't help but feel relief but also dread as if something bad might happen.

So when Happy told him Friday morning that Tony should be here when he returned from school he was bursting with joy.

"Really?" he asked excited smile that made Happy smile back at the young boy.

"I confirmed it with Tony and Pepper while you were still asleep." Happy confirmed and watched as Percy's smile grew larger.

Gabe Ugliano didn't even seem to notice that Percy wasn't living with him anymore and that made Happy sad but he wasn't going to bring it up to the boy.

Happy watched as Percy radiated happiness and smiled to himself before getting his coat and keys as he watched Percy race to his backpack with a goofy smile on his face and hurry to the car.

Percy was smiling throughout the day until it seemed as if time slowed down (not literally) as he watched for the bell about to go off for their last period of the day.

Then 20 minutes and he was out of here. His last period was just playing around in the room waiting for parents or guardians to pick them up and if they don't then they go on the bus.

He was playing with a set of legos building a wall that could surround him away from everyone else when the school bully came over and pushed over the lego wall and stomped on some of the pieces.

Percy's eyes watered and his lips quivered. His hard work was now scattered all over the ground, "What are you a baby?" Roman William asked sneering at Percy the best his 6 year old face could.

Percy jumped to his feet, "I'm not a baby!" he said deadly calm to Roman feeling agitated.

"Sure you are if you sad over some stupid toy." Roman sneered once again but his baby fat didn't make it look all that scary.

"Says the one who picks on kids." Percy said his voice still deadly calm but his eyes giving Roman a cold dead stare and Roman winced before he seemed to be angry.

He pulled back his arm and before Percy knew what hit him he was on the floor crying holding his eye. Two teacher came over instantly one going to Roman while the other went to Percy who was still crying.

The teacher that was scolding Roman told Roman to apologize and know that hitting people was not nice.

"I'm very sorry I hit you." Roman said but the tone of his voice didn't mean an apology but rather a threat.

Percy was still holding his eye as it was shut and felt his brain thumping and a headache and he sniffled.

"Come on." the woman holding Percy said giving Roman the stink-eye as the other teacher didn't seem to notice how Roman apologized.

Roman was free to go play again not even having to stand in the corner and Percy glared at him hard as Roman's back was turned but it was ruined by the tears that were still leaking and his tear stained cheeks.

Although he felt proud when he saw Roman shutter and look over his shoulder as if he knew someone was glaring at him but then he turned around and walked back over to some other kid to bully.

The teacher lead Percy to the nurse and the nurse carefully looked at Percy's eye and handed him a small ice pack to put on it, "I want you to stay here while I call your parents." the woman said gently but before she could go Percy told her, "The number I have there isn't the right one. I live with someone else." he said quietly still shaken from the punch.

The nurse smiled assuringly, "Do you know the number?" the nurse asked gently.

Percy nodded remembering when he had Tony's card in his pocket and fished in his backpack and pocket before producing the card and handing it to her.

The woman looked at it curiously and her eyes widened a notch when she saw the name on the card before turning it over and seeing a number with the name Happy next to it.

Thinking that he didn't really know Tony Stark she called the number on the back and talked to the nice gentleman.

As Happy hung up thanking the nurse he turned to his employer Tony Stark and replayed what he learned and Tony got this stern face and told Happy to get his coat.

Happy nodded and went into the other room getting his coat and keys and met Tony in the car as they went toward the elementary school.

As they arrived the nurse was practically in a state of shock as the young man she talked to on the phone came in with the Tony Stark.

What seemed to shock her even more was when Tony Stark who was always said to not like children, he did like them he just didn't know how to handle and talk to them, went up to Percy and took a look at the blackness that was starting to form around his eye.

"I'm okay." percy said his voice small as he shifted a bit not exactly liking that he was being touched. He started to dislike physical touch because of Gabe but he trusted Tony so he tried to stay still for him.

"I'm sure you are. Just making sure myself." Tony muttered to the boy not wanting anyone else to hear.

He got up off the ground and told the nurse, "I assume we have your discretion." Tony asked faking a pleasant smile but on the inside he wanted to glare at the kid that did this to Percy and sue his parents but he was better than that and would focus on Percy.

The woman nodded still looking like she might faint any second and Tony his a wince, he hated fans like that but he took one looked at Percy who was staring at the ground his one hand holding the ice pack against his eye.

"Come on bud. Let's get you home and we can stop by and get some ice-cream." Tony said as he moved slowly and lifted Percy his in arms.

Both uncomfortable not use to it until Percy relaxed in Tony's arm making Tony relax knowing he had Percy's consent to holding him and walking him out like that.

Percy let his head rest on Tony's shoulder as he held the ice pack against his head and momentarily closed his eyes from the pounding that was in his head that was still there.

As they were leaving the school Tony still holding Percy in the backseat, none of them were complaining, when Tony asked in a low voice, "Are you okay?" as he noticed that Percy had this pained expression and his eyes were closed.

"Is my heart suppose to be beating in my head?" Percy asked with a grimace and buried his head in Tony's shoulder hoping it would calm the pounding but winced when it didn't.

Tony frowned and felt Percy's forehead and his frown deepened, "Have you been feeling well?" Tony asked concerned speaking louder so Happy could hear them even though he already could since the beginning.

They both saw Percy shrug and close his eyes once more. Happy and Tony's eyes connected and Tony mouthed 'Pharmacy' and Happy nodded.

Tony lended Happy his credit card trusting his friend to get the items needed as he stayed in the car with Percy and let it be silent for Percy's sake.

It was only when he felt Percy shiver that he wrapped his coat around Percy as he noticed Percy snuggle deeper in the embrace, "How are you feeling now?" Tony asked gently.

The response he got was a sniffed nose and a grimace as it seemed Percy still had his headache. Tony took one of his hands and did his best messaging Percy's forehead and seemed pleased when Percy's face relaxed a bit and curled toward the hand.

He watched as Percy's face really relaxed and his breathing got steady and slower when he finally moved his hand away and shook it a bit trying to get rid of the cramp that was starting to get in it.

Just as Percy snuggled deeper and seemed to be out of it was when the driver side opened and a swish of a plastic bag in the passenger seat and then Happy got in.

"Anything?" Happy asked wondering how Percy was now.

"Pretty sure he's sick." Tony commented softly as he made sure Percy stayed asleep. happy nodded and saw that Percy was asleep as he started the car and they were making their way back home.