Chapter 17- Avengers Meets Percy

Percy woke up the next day early (or at least early to him) as he made his way toward the kitchen he found that the Avengers were there.

Totally ignoring them he sleeply grabbed the first fruit in a small basket which happened to be an apple.

"What are you doing up at this forsaken hour?" Percy asked sleepily but it came out as if he was drunk. Technically he was drunk on sleep.

His speech pattern got him some weird looks but before anyone could answer and tell him that it really wasn't that early Happy walked in with percy's backpack.

"Forgetting something?" Happy asked amused holding up the backpack.

Grumbling Percy reached out and threw it over his shoulders and bite into the apple.

"Have fun at school." Clint said mockingly as the Avengers found out why Percy was awake at 8 AM knowing he was a Stark and that they didn't wake up until it was early in the morning which was 10 to 11 AM.

Percy scoffed at Clint and allowed Happy to steer him toward the car, "Mind if I come with you?" Steve asked

Shrugging Percy climbed in the back of the car and waited for Steve to come in too.

Totally ignoring Steve. Percy was carelessly in the back his head resting on his shoulder as he closed his eyes.

"Are you excited for school?" Steve asked once Happy started to car.

Percy still with his eyes closed sarcastically said, "Woo! Go school! Where all the stupid bullies are! Woo!" he said with mock enthusiasm.

However, he just got a frown from Steve, "I would've thought that the kids wouldn't pick on you. You being Tony Stark's son and all?" Steve asked confused.

"Like they know." Percy snorted, "It's a secret that only a few members of the school know. The kids there just think I'm some charity case but it's not enough to get them to not pick on me, they don't know I'm Tony's son." Percy said finally opening his eyes not tired at all anymore.

"Doesn't Tony do anything?" Steve asked confused.

This time Happy answer," While Tony would be glad to do something Percy has asked him not to, and when he was about to anyway I told him the points of it not being a good idea. I have suggested other ways and Tony has taken them under suggestion." Happy said from the driving seat.

"What are some of those suggestions?" Steve asked curiously.

Happy was silent for a bit allowing Percy to answer, "One of them is that I go to another school but we both know that the new school would treat me the same, there's also learning self-defence so if I do ever get in a fight I would win." Percy said sighing when they were nearing the school.

"Tony would let you learn self-defence, when he never actually attends the one that we have for team-bonding?" Steve asked amused.

Percy shrugged, "From what I know, he has his own work-out time and stuff. He doesn't exactly need as much training as you may think. I know Happy teaches him when he's home and they have time while I work on homework." Percy said as they arrived at the devil called School.

"I'll see you back home." Percy said sighing once more and opened the door before Steve could reply.

Steve watched as Percy went up the steps of school, "He's not just bullied because they think he's some charity case is he?" Steve asked after a beat of silence and Happy started to drive again.

This time it was Happy who sighed, "He has dyslexia and during English when the teachers calls on him he can't exactly read a paragraph without people noticing his hesitation on words and stuff. So, in return he gets bullied."

Steve nodded processing the information as they were driving back toward the house in silence.

**********

As Percy waited for Happy to come pick him up the school bully and more importantly the bully that likes to pick on him was walking toward him.

"Well if it isn't little stupid." The guy sneered and Percy rolled his eyes turning away from them.

"What's the matter. Is daddy too busy to come pick you up? To him you're just some charity case." Jacob the bully said sneering.

There was a sharp whistle and Percy turned to see Happy out of the car, "I think you boys should keep walking." he said toward the bullies as he saw Percy relax at the sight of Happy and knew Tony was in the back.

The boys frowned and sneered at Percy once more but continued on their way nonetheless. Percy took the opportunity to run toward the car and slowed down when he neared it, "Thanks." he told Happy relieved.

"Come on, let's head home." Happy said with a smile as Percy got in the back. He smiled when Tony was in fact back there gave him an awkward backseat car hug, "You okay?" Tony asked his shades were on but that didn't stop Percy from knowing that he was worried.

Percy's smile was a bit tight but he smiled nonetheless, "I'm fine dad. Taking a guess and saying the Avengers are still at home." Percy said.

At Tony's nod he just smiled and soon enough Happy was driving them back toward the house. Upon entering the house Tony excused himself to head toward the workshop to work on some project.

Percy just grabbed his backpack and made his way toward the living room to work. Hearing the game system on he stopped when he saw that Clint and the other Avengers were there, "Mind if I do my homework in here?" he asked not wanting to intrude.

"It's fine." Steve said as he tried to play against Clint, keyword being tried.

Percy sat next to Bruce a bit away and started on his English homework where he had to write an essay about the book Gollywhopper Games which they finished during class. Frowning he had to go back through some of the book and think of what topic he really wanted to write about. 

After only getting 1/3 of the essay done without his head spinning and a migraine Percy sighed and shifted it off to the side as he rubbed the side of my head.

"Wanna play kid?" Clint asked as he watch Steve put the controller down saying he should probably drag Tony away from the workshop to get something to eat.

Taking one look at the homework Percy nodded and shifted so he sat next to Clint instead, "What are we playing?" I questions lifting the controller.

"Call of Duty." Clint said serious as he started a game of one versus one, "Prepare to lose." Percy commented lightly.

Clint snorted as if the thought was funny and Natasha shifted to pay more attention to the screen as she talked quietly to Brucem, "I bet Percy will win."

"No doubt." Bruce said serious as he was actually watching the match.