Chapter 6- Sickness

Percy was still asleep, drooling on Tony's shoulder as they made their way to Tony's house instead of Happy's.

"Which vacant room do you want to put him in?" Happy asked as he grabbed the bags for the things that Percy may want.

"The one close to my room but isn't to large. I don't want to scare him." Tony said softly as he shifted Percy away from falling toward the ground as his body started to lean that way.

Happy smiled at his friend at how fatherly he was being as he took the bags, both medicine and from his place for Percy, toward the room that he knew was perfect for Percy.

Tony made sure Happy had enough time to set things up in Percy's room as he made sure Percy was wrapped up in his blanket when he saw Percy shiver.

"Tony?" Percy asked sleepily lifting his head a bit before dropping it back on his shoulder as if his head weighed too much.

"Yeah Percy?" Tony asked softly.

"Where are we?" Percy asked softly his dazed eyes looking around the large house.

"This is one of my homes?" Tony said as he looked at the smaller version of his Malibu house.

"Do you live here?" Percy asked softly.

"I think you mean we. Most of the time I live in Malibu. Much more spacious and roomy. Lot more room for playing and stuff." Tony said as he walked slowly toward Percy's room.

"Do you like it better than here?" Percy asked his voice muffled by Tony's jacket which he buried his head in.

"People think my Malibu home is my summer home but it's not." Tony said softly trying to coax Percy into sleeping more.

Sleep would help ride out the sickness and be less painful for Percy to deal with.

The response Tony got was a sleepy nod as they finally reached the door.

Tony opened the door and moved toward the plain bed and noticed Percy's items off to the side and Happy was there opening a thermometer from its pack.

"Hey Percy?" Happy asked softly toward the dazed and tired boy.

"Mmm?" Percy asked not really responding.

"Can I take your temperature?" Happy asked softly.

Tony felt a nod and Percy shifted so his face was toward Happy and opened his mouth.

"That's old school bud. New school I just need to place this near your forehead." Happy said with a smile.

Percy nodded and allowed Happy to scan his forehead.

Happy frowned but only Tony saw as Percy buried his head back in Tony's shoulder. "What is it?" Tony asked softly.

"101.3 Fahrenheit." Happy replied softly allowing Tony to take a look.

"What's the temperature to be hospitalized?" Tony asked shifting Percy who was about to fall off his shoulder by leaning to wrong way.

"103." Happy said and took note of Percy's shiver, "Are you okay Percy?"

"Cold." Percy mumbled and Tony frowned.

"His fever is making him cold as it fights the infection." Happy said noticing Tony's frown.

Tony nodded and Happy helped Tony by pulling back the sheets on the bed. Tony tried to have Percy shift from clinging to himself to the bed or stuffed Teddy that Happy bought but he was stubborn.

"Stay." He said still dazed from being sick.

Tony gave Happy a helpless look and then glare when he noticed Happy was trying not to laugh. Happy but his hands up and gestured toward the bed.

Tony looked like he was about to protest but then he saw Percy shiver and sigh. Glaring at Happy he grumbled lightly making sure Percy didn't hear it, even though he was pretty much out of it, and climbed into the bed.

'Laptop.' Tony mouthed to Happy who nodded and helped Tony moved the blankets around Percy when he noticed that he shivered again.

'Be right back.' Happy mouthed and left Tony alone with a sick child. Tony had a moment to freak out before Tony snuggled into him and he released a shaky breath and wrapped his arm around Percy so Percy could cuddle closer.

Percy did so and Tony did a small smile when Happy came back into the room with a laptop and a small measuring cup.

Handing the laptop to Tony, who put it off to the side knowing Happy was about to do something, Happy poured some pink liquid into the small measuring cup and got a small glass of water.

"Hey Percy." Happy said softly toward the sick boy.

"Mmm?" Percy asked without opening his mouth.

"I need you to drink this to feel better." Happy said.

Percy seemed to be a stubborn type of person because he just buried his head, and most importantly his mouth, away from Happy and toward Tony's shoulder.

"Please bud." Tony said softly, "it'll help you feel better."

Percy grumbled but shifted to move anyway. Blinking owlishly he missed the first time to grab the small cup before shaking his head lightly and actually grabbing it.

His nose lifted in disgust as he drained the stuff and looked at it disapprovingly until Happy handed him the water which he drank right away to try and get the taste out of his mouth.

"Easy bud." Tony said taking the water away from the boy, "you don't want to make yourself sick, slow drinks okay?"

At Tony's look Happy went to see about finding a bucket in case Percy did make himself sick. Percy nodded slowly his eyes blinking showing Tony that he was still tired and drank at a slower pace until the aftertaste was manageable.

Once that was out of the way he shivered and cuddled up toward Tony for heat and pulled the blankets closer as Happy came in stealthily and put a bucket near Percy.

Tony nodded at him, a dismissing they each knew, and finally pulled the laptop near him and started with some Stark Designs.

Just before really starting though he put in an earpiece and turned on bluetooth so that Jarvis could talk to him without waking Percy.