Chapter 29: Sea of Monsters

Of all the things he was expecting from his new school, one of the kids being a baby cyclops who was his half-brother was not one of them.

Like really, who expects this type of thing to happen?

I mean maybe if your name was Harry Potter but come-on, was I as unlucky as that kid was?

Admittedly, when I found out this news also just so of happened to be when camp was being attacked and the barriers around said camp were dying.

But, you know, details. Who needs them. Certainly not Harry Potter and looked how he turned out. Fighting a Dark Lord, being attacked every year, dying, then returning back to life.

Right, maybe not the best example. But! Tyson helped with the camp being attacked and what did he get in returned? He got ignored and whispers behind his back.

Which was rather rude and not very good camp behavior in my book. Steve would have a field day with them being rude to a fellow campers/soldier in life.

That being said, Luke and reluctant Annabeth stuck by his side. Which made an interesting chariot race.

Right, forgot to mention. Chiron got accused of letting the tree get poisoned and then the whole fire bulls in.

It was rather stupid but I can't do much about it sadly. Other than tease the new Director by always eating some type of food or drink in front of him then making a scene about it (Even Dionysus found it funny).

Actually, it was funny when the Hermes, Apollo, Ares, and Hephaestus' cabin joined in. Let's just say, we were hoping to drive the man away from us and reinstate Chiron.

But then he had this great idea of bringing back the chariot race and it was fun beating everyone with Tyson. Our horses were the coolest, I was able to ask a few of the Pegasus to help out.

Let's just say, nobody was expecting a flying chariot to be in the race. There were a few arrows and spears aimed at us, but we got in first anyway.

Or would've, had the flying metal birds of hell didn't interrupt us. I just calmly activated a shield around our chariot that I made in my spare time and quickly landed.

After that, I helped the Hephaestus cabin melt the metal birds and then help others dodge the liquid.

Honestly, this was probably the most fun I will experience during this camp, too bad dad wasn't here. He'd love this metal and would so love to examine a bird to see how they work.

After that, things kinda spiraled a bit out of control. Annabeth came up with the idea of going on a quest to save Thalia's tree by getting the Golden Fleece.

When taken to the director he then gave the quest to Clarisse who looked shocked and reluctant as she stared at me.

She had a thoughtful look on her face and when questioned who she will take on the quest, she stood up straight and tall.

Then gave an evil smile to Tantalus. "I will have Percy Jackson, Luke Castellan, Tyson Son of Poseidon, and Annabeth Chase to go on the quest with me.

I smirked along with the other named as Tantalus' face dropped as he stared at his Golden Girl in his eyes. Wondering why she would do such a thing.

He was about to say something, probably deny us, before the campers started to stomp their feet and chant our names.

Grinning, I stood up and walked to Clarisse . Staring at one another for a few seconds, I held out my elbow and watched as she looped her arm through it.

"Shall we go and back," I joked to her.

"We shall," she replied and we walked calmly back as Luke was laughing as he followed us and a confused Tyson. While Annabeth was slightly pouting but also grinning (she hated Tantalus for dismissing the idea of quest initially).

With the quest activated, it was just a matter of getting to the sea of monsters (which I will later have to tell SHIELD about to be careful with).

That's when things really spiraled downhill.

The ride in the Gray Sisters Taxi was awesome, I loved every second of it much to the disgust of my quest mates.

It's like they've never experienced a Roller Coaster before, though the splitting of the taxi was a bit much. It's also where we got some weird coordinates.

Then Tyson managed to get us a few Hippocampi to take us to Ethan's ship. Which we then had to escape from after finding out his plans of resurrecting Kronos my apparent evil grandpa who is hellbent on destroying the world.

Basically another Loki whose in their right mind and hates everyone but himself.

Anyway, after escaping Ethan's Ship, we just so happen to find that Ares had gifted Clarisse (who was cursing me at the time for losing a ship) and we got onto the zombie boat (no joke, there were dead confederates on it that helped us).

Then there was the problem with the C.C. Spa and Resort where Luke and I got turned into Guinea Pigs and I will never talk about my experience with that.

It was horrifying.

Especially when Clarisse found Luke and I and then proceeded to joke about it to the two of us much to Annabeth and Tyson's confusion after the quest.

On that note, I also learned that I can control ships with mostly just thought and can see coordination in the sea, which is rather neat if you really think about it.

Maybe I can control SHIELD's flying ship, now that would be so cool and dangerous. But then Papa would get annoyed at me while Dad would be grinning behind him giving me thumbs up.

Maybe I should try it after this, that would certainly be fun.

Right, we finally found Polyphemus' Island where Grover seemed to have been captured on. After playing a game of "Nobody" we found the Golden Fleece, beat up Polyphemus, Ethan's Lackeys, and freeing some sheep. We sent Clarisse to head back to camp to deliver the fleece.

The reason we sent her without anyone else, it was rather important to get the barrier back up quickly.

Though, I was surprised when we ran into Ethan again. Then we outsmarted him by Iris Messaging camp and then making Ethan say he's the one who poisoned the tree not Chiron and bam, Chiron was cleared innocent.

What was interesting, was that rather getting boring after. It got a bit intense, mostly because after putting the Fleece on Thalia's tree. Thalia herself came back alive.

And that is when I met the spitfire of my cousin Thalia.