Ch 1: Caged Decisions

<~Ally's POV:

I woke up the next morning in my bed. How did I get here? I don't remember walking inside and going to bed.

Oh well. I got up and got dressed. Constantly thinking of last night.

Last night was so perfect except for one thing...I thought for sure Austin would ask me out.

Maybe he doesn't love me...maybe he just wants to stay friends...just friends.

I went to Sonic Boom for work and was greeted by Trish.

"So how was your date?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"It wasn't a date...and it was great." I said a little disappointed that it wasn't a date.

"You totally wish it was though." Trish pointed out.

"Yeah." I said blushing. "I thought for sure Austin would ask me out, but I guess he just wants to stay friends." I said.

"I think he likes you." Trish giggled.

"Really!" I said perking up.

Trish nodded, "It's so obvious."

"I-I don't see it." I sighed.

"That's because you are love struck! Your to busy drooling over him to see that he is constantly starring at you!" Trish explained.

"Oh..."I said, a bit embaressed.

"Yeah, well I have to get going I'm already 30 minutes late for a job interview." Trish said looking at her watch. She then left the store.

I sighed and shook my head, she wasn't gonna get the job.

"Boo!" A familiar voice screamed loudly from behind me.

I jumped and spun around.

"Austin! Why do you have to scare me like that!" I said and playfully slapped him.

"Ow!" He faked it like it hurt.

I laughed.

"So Ally I really wanted to talk to you." He started.

"Yeah." I replied, waiting for him to say more.

"I had a really good time last night and-" just like that he was interrupted by someone.

"Oh hey Dez." He said totally forgetting that he was talking to me.

"Have you guys seen a flying squirrel anywhere?" He asked awkwardly.

Dez always has something strange to say.

"A flying squirrel? Nope sorry." Austin told Dez.

"Oh man...now he's going to eat all those jelly beans rolling down the street." Dez said, unaware of the problem jelly beans rolling down the road could cause.

"What! There are jelly beans rolling down the road!" I said surprised.

"Dez, I don't think the flying squirrel is the biggest problem right now." Said Austin.

I shook my head.

Suddenly Trish walked in wearing a new job uniform as usual.

"Guess who got a job at Jumping Jellybeans as the delivery girl!" She announced.

Of course this was all Trish's fault.

"Trish, why are all those jelly beans rolling around on the street!" I said, concerned.

"I never said I was good at my job.." She huffed.

I shook my head and walked upstairs to the practice room. I was overwhelmed. Tired. Depressed. Sad. Worried. Scared. All I could think about was Austin.