Ch. 4: The Truth Hurts

<~Ally's POV:

I had just spent the whole afternoon pressed up against Austin's chest. It was great.

Although I was worried about Trish I feel like she's hiding something from me and best friends don't keep secrets from each other.

I laid my head against Austin's chest. He was still asleep. I could hear Austin's heart beating slowly. I really didn't want to wake him but I really wanted to talk to Trish.

I quietly got up off of his lap and tiptoed to the counter where my phone sat.

I dialed Trish's number and waited for an answer.

No answer. I tried calling again...no answer. I tried five more times, still NO answer!

Weird, Trish always answers her phone! I began getting worried and thought of the worst.

What if she was kidnapped or murdered. I tried to think of better reasons. Maybe she got her phone taken away or couldn't find her phone.

I sighed. I would call her tomorrow.

I walked back into the living room and watched Austin sleep. He looked so cute while he was sleeping.

"Babe, wake up." I cooed and shook him lightly.

He awoke with a start, "Ally, is there something wrong....wait did you just call me babe?" He asked with a smile.

Oh god...I did call him babe...."No Austin, your probably dreaming. We aren't dating so we can't call each other babe." I explained.

He sat up looking disappointed, "Well maybe we'll have to change that." He said with a wink.

I blushed and giggled as he looked at me.

I waited for him to speak. Was he finally going to do it? Was he finally going to ask me out?

After a couple minutes of an akward silence I decided to say something.

"So are you hungry?" I asked, "Because I can cook something for us to eat." I offered.

"Nah, it's to early for dinner." He said.

"Okay." I said taken aback.

I heard my phone ringing from in the kitchen. I ran to answer it, hoping it was Trish.

I looked at the caller ID it was Trish!

"Hello." I said, happiness spreading throughout my body that she had called.

"Hi Ally." Trish said it like she needed to tell me something. I knew it!

"Trish...you sound like there's something on your mind." I said, a but worried.

"That's because there is. I need to tell you something Ally, and it's okay if you won't like me after I say it." Trish said, worry in her words.

"Why would I ever hate you...Trish your my best friend." I exclaimed.

"Because...Ally I've been keeping a secret from you." Trish began.

"What is it?" I asked. Ready for her to get to the point.

"I feel like you don't want to be friends anymore." Trish said with a gulp.

"What! Trish why would I not want to be your friend anymore!" I was scared that she didn't want to be friends now.

"Because your always with Austin! Now he's the one your always with, the one you trust the most! I never even get a chance to hang out with you anymore." Trish said a little angry.

"Trish...I-I'm sorry I guess I didn't realize. But you will always be my friend and I will always need you." I spoke softly hoping to lighten her mood.

"Ally...I just feel so-so...forgotten." Trish said pausing I between.

"Please Trish, believe me...you are not forgotten. I need you just as much as I need Austin." I told her and it was the truth.

"Ally...I don't know. I feel like you've told me this before." Trish said, sadness in her voice.

"I'm sorry Trish. I didn't mean-"

"No Ally, you did mean to...I don't think we can be friends anymore!" Trish shouted.

"Trish please...your my best friend." I began to cry.

"Goodbye Ally, call me when you have time for me again." She said and hung up.

I dropped my phone on the ground and cried. Did Trish just rip our friendship in half?

Austin walked into the kitchen and saw my on my knees.

"Ally...what's wrong?" I asked wrapping an arm around her.

"Trish..." I started.

"What happened?" He asked, trying to stay calm and keep me from crying more.

"She doesn't want to be friends anymore..." I sobbed.

"Why? You guys are so close."

"Were so close... She said I don't have time for her anymore." I said covering my face in my hands.

"Ally, I promise Trish will come around. She's just upset." I assured her.

"But you don't know that Austin...you don't know."

"Ally, I know I don't know for sure but Trish needs you and once she realizes that she will come back." Austin said hugging me tight.

"I hope your right." I sniffed. I buried my face in his shoulder and cried.

-------------

<~Trish's POV:

I was having a horrible day. Ally and I were no longer friends all because of my big mouth.

What have I done?

Ally is probably crushed. She just got out of the hospital and look what I did to her.

Now I was sure unwanted by Ally. Why did I have to tell her the truth?

This is all my fault. I felt so horrible. I had to apologize but I knew Ally would never take another call from me again.

I slowly walked upstairs into my room. I looked at a picture of me and Ally when we were 13. It was the day we went to the zoo together. A day where there was no Austin just Ally and me.

I remember those days like it was yesterday.

I sighed and sat down on my bed, tears began to stream down my face.

I took the picture and held it tightly in my hands, "I'm sorry, Ally...so sorry." I whispered. Even thought she couldn't hear me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is short and kinda boring. It's sorta just a filler chapter that I wrote to thank everyone who has read my book so far. Oh and just to let you know Trish and Ally not being friends is not the problem I mentioned in the book description.

Please vote and comment!

Thank you, Emma(:

(Also sorry for any errors...all of them will be fixed later)