Ch. 3: Hurt or Jealous

I drove Ally home from the hospital. It was a quiet ride. For some reason neither one of us talked.

I wanted to stare at Ally. I knew something was wrong. All she did was lean on the side and look out the window.

I sighed, "Ally, what's wrong?"

No answer.

"Ally?"

"Austin, it's nothing I promise." She finally gave me a reply.

"Ally, I know you. And this is not you." I argued with her gently.

She sighed, "Its just so complicated. I guess I'm just overwhelmed with everything." She tried to explain.

I pulled up at her house. She got out of the car, without a goodbye.

I decided that I'd call her later. I put my car in reverse and backed out of her driveway to go home.

---------

I walked up the stairs to my room and fell face first onto my bed.

I was just so confused. I began to cry, turning my blankets wet.

I cried for an hour when I heard my phone ring. I reached over to grab it. I didn't bother checking who it was.

"Hello?" I sniffed, I was still crying.

"Ally, what's wrong?" It was Austin, he sounded worried.

"Austin, thank god it's you." I cried.

"Ally, please tell me what's wrong." He pleaded.

"Okay, but Austin can you please come over." I sobbed

"Okay Ally, I'll be right over." He said and hung up.

I continued to cry. About ten minutes later I heard a knock on the door.

Finally Austin was here I ran down the stairs to answer the door.

"Ally!" He exclaimed and rushed in and gave me a bear hug.

"Thank you so much for coming, Austin. It means a lot." I cried into his shoulder.

He picked me up bridal style and carried me to the couch. He sat down and laid me on his lap.

"Ally, I know something is bothering you." He said calmly.

"Austin, I'm so scared. I am terrified of Dallas. All I could think about ever since I got out of the hospital was Dallas." I cried.

He hugged me tightly, "Ally," He hushed, "I'm here, I'll protect you. Dallas will never hurt you again." He reassured. Kissing the top of my head.

I didn't say anything. I felt safe with Austin. I hoped he would never let me go. That he would hold me in his arms forever.

"Austin, can you stay here with me? My parents aren't home and they won't be for a week and I'm so scared that Dallas is going to come." I said a tear rolling down my face.

"Of course." He said pulling a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Thank you, Austin. There's no way I could make it without you." I cooed.

He smiled, "And there's no way I could make it without you, Ally." He replied softly.

I fell asleep in Austin's arms. I knew Dallas couldn't hurt me with Austin around.

----------

I was awoken by a knock on the door.

I shot my head up. Instantly fear shot through my body.

"I'll get it." Austin volunteered. He left me on the couch and went to answer the door.

Being alone was terrifying.

-------------

I got up to answer the door. I could tell Ally was nervous. I had a horrible feeling that Dallas was at the door.

I opened the door. Relief spread throughout my body, it was only Trish.

"Trish? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I had to come and see Ally." She said and walked past me to where Ally was.

I walked in the living room after Trish. Ally seemed glad to see Trish.

"Ally, are you okay!" She asked noticing that Ally's face was red.

"I am now, thanks to Austin." She said.

Trish turned to me and frowned, what was that all about?

"Well that's good. Sorry but I have to go.." She said quickly and rushed out the door.

"Did I do something wrong?" Ally asked.

"No, why would you say that?" I asked.

"Because Trish seems to uncomfortable around me lately. And you saw her she was acting weird like she didn't like it here." Ally explained.

"She did seem a bit different." I agreed.

"But why, I'm like her best friend." Ally said. I could hear in her voice that she was hurting.

"Ally, she's just being Trish. Sometimes she does act a little strange. Don't worry about it." I assured her.

Ally sniffed, "Okay. I hope that we are still friends."

"Ally, Trish will always be your best friend." I told her.

"But what if...she hates me for some reason." Ally said sounding worried.

"Why would she hate you. Who could ever hate you." I said hugging her tight.

Ally sighed, "I guess I will just have to talk to her."

------------

As soon as I left Ally's house I went home.

I felt so useless, not wanted by my best friend.

I mean now that she and Austin have become so close, she didn't need me. I used to be the one to comfort her. The one who was always by her side. But now things are different.

I wish Ally would realize it because I feel like our friendship is falling apart.

I sighed. I need to tell her if I'm going to make it better.

My phone began ringing and I had to dig through my purse to find it.

It was Ally. I really didn't want to talk to her right now but I didn't want her to catch on that I was mad at her.

I decided to take her call.

"Hey Ally." I said.

"Hey Trish, what's up?" She replied.

"Oh nothin much." I said.

"Oh well I was wondering why you left my house so fast...did I do something wrong?" She asked, worried.

"No, I just have a very tight schedule and my mom wants me home." I lied.

"Oh okay. Well it's good to know your not mad at me." Ally said, relief in her voice.

I felt bad lying to my best friend. I would have to tell her the truth sometime. Or I could risk loosing Ally as a friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter...I just had the urge to post a little something today. But I guess it has some drama. Trish feels replaced:/

Please comment and vote!

Thanks(:

~Emma