Ch. 21: New Thoughts

<~Dez's POV:

I starred at Trish, in complete shock. I tensed up. Why did it have to be Trish. We may not like each other much anymore but I still can't see her like this.

What could I do? There wasn't anything I could do...

I slipped my phone out of my pocket. I starred at it wondering if I should tell someone.

Ally...she needs to know. But that will ruin her day, her week, everything. Trish is Ally's best friend.

I couldn't say something so horrible to Ally. She is just so fragile. I need to tell someone who can tell her for me. Someone who can do it right.

Someone like...Austin.

--------

<~Austin's POV:

I smiled down at Ally as she laid peacefully in my lap, her head resting on my chest, eyes slightly closed. I just love her so much.

I stroked her soft hair and saw a smile curve on her lips.

I heard my phone ringing. Ally lifted her head, giving me a sad look.

I smirked and scooped her up, carrying her with me to get my phone. I grabbed my phone and answered.

It was Dez.

"Austin! This is horrible! Trish got in a car accident! She was just being put in an ambulance!" Dez cried into the phone frantically.

I froze, nearly dropping Ally. She must've heard Dez too because her eyes began to water.

"Dez, I'll meet you at the hospital." I say sternly before hanging up.

I pulled Ally closer, she buried her face in my shoulder. She cried and cried. We got into my car. Ally cried the whole way there and I couldn't do anything about it.

We arrived at the hospital. I had my arm around Ally's shoulders as we walked side by side into the hospital.

I walked up to the front desk, holding Ally's hand tightly. Sending her a reassuring squeeze every now and then.

"We're looking to see Trish De La Rosa. What room is she in?" I say calmly.

Ally had calmed down a little but her eyes were red and puffy. I felt so bad for her.

The lady eyed me suspiciously before telling me where Trish was, "Room 123." The lady said pointing in the direction Trish was in.

Ally and I walked down the hallway in the direction the woman had told us.

I saw Dez sitting in a chair waiting.

"Dez...you came." I say. I mean Trish and Dez weren't friends anymore.

Dez nodded, "Trish still means a lot to me." He said with a fake smile.

I smiled back, but it was fake too. I patted his back and sat down on the chair beside Ally.

She laid her head on my shoulder, "Do you think she's alright?" She sniffs.

I sigh, "If there's one thing I know about Trish it's that she's tough." I say.

Ally smiles up at me, "That's for sure." She agrees.

I smiled and pull her closer. Pressing we up against my side. Running my hand up and down her arm.

Dez sat on the other side of the waiting room. He looked nervous, really nervous.

I wondered how Trish was doing. I sure hope she's alright. And then I remembered, the baby. What about the baby! Was he or she alright too?

Just then a doctor walked in the room. He held his clipboard awkwardly and starred at all of us. Doctors scare me...

"I being good news and bad news." He announces.

I feel Ally tense up. I grab her hand and kiss it, letting her know I'm here for her.

"W-what is it?" Ally asked nervously. I'm not sure if she even wants to hear the news.

The doctor sighed, "Well, Trish is badly injured-" he stopped because Ally broke down into tears.

I rubbed Ally's back and she covered her face with her hands.

"But she will survive." The doctor clarified.

I smiled at that news, "Hear that Ally, Trish will be alright." I say.

The doctor stands there, like he has more to say.

"What about...the baby?" Dez adds.

The doctor folds his hands, "I'm sorry but she has lost the baby."

I watch as Dez sinks into his chair, "Thank you doctor." He mumbles.

----

An hour later Ally finally stops crying. At least for now. I cradle her in my arms. She is completely heartbroken. Trish is injured and the baby is gone. That's a lot to take in.

"I want to see her." Ally complains.

"We can't right now Ally. The doctors are busy with her right now." I say as calmly as I can.

She sighs loudly. I could tell she was becoming more and more impatient.

We sat there together quietly for a few minutes.

"Austin, I have to go to the bathroom. Will you take me?" Ally whined. She's acting like a little kid.

I sigh, "Alright."

I hold her hand and walk her to the bathroom. I stop by the woman's bathroom door but she doesn't let go of my hand.

"I want you to come in with me." She begs.

"Ally I can't go into the woman's bathroom." I protest. What has gotten into her! I'm so confused.

She frowned and gave me her puppy dog eyes, "Please." She begged.

"Ally I can't." I say sternly. Why does she want me to come in with her anyways.

"Why not!" Ally complained. Whining like a little kid.

"Because it's for girls only! Do I look like a girl to you?" I say with a frown.

She giggled and nods.

I roll my eyes and pull my hand away from hers, "Now do you need to go or not?" I say pushing her towards the bathroom door.

"Yes! But I don't want to go in alone!" She whines running away from the door.

I sigh, "Why not?" I ask. What's the big deal anyways. I'm not going to go into the woman's bathroom.

"Because..." Ally mumbles. She stares at the ground playing with her feet.

I step closer to her placing my hand on her shoulder. I pull a strand of hair behind her ear, "Ally, please tell me." I say.

She sighs, "I-I'm scared." She blurts out.

I stare at her, puzzled. "Scared? Scared of what? You go to the bathroom all the time by yourself!" I reply.

"I know but that bathroom is different." Ally says taking a bit of hair and chewing on it.

I bite my lip. I wasn't going to ask anything more. Ally was under enough stress for one day. I take her hand and begin walking to the exit of the hospital.

"Where are we going?" Ally asks.

"I'm taking you to a different bathroom." I say annoyed. I mean this is ridiculous. But I'd do anything for this girl.

"Thanks." She says kissing my cheek.

I smile at her and roll my eyes, "Your crazy, ya know that."

-------

<~Trish's POV:

I slowly open my eyes for the first time since the accident, which I remember nothing about.

I see a red headed boy starring down at me.

"Who are you?" I ask. This is weird. I don't remember anything. Where am I.

The red headed boy sighs, "I'm Dez. Don't you remember me?" He asks.

I shake my head. Well I must know him if I'm supposed to remember him.

"Why would I remember you?" I ask.

"Because we're friends." He says.

I smile. Wondering if Dez was my only friend.

A doctor walks into the room and takes my friend away from me. Leaving me all alone in a cold room of white walls.

------

<~Dez's POV:

I can't believe Trish doesn't remember me. That's horrible.

The doctor comes in, "Dez can I talk to you outside for a moment?" He asks leading me out the door.

I smile at Trish and follow the doctor.

"Trish has serious memory loss. She doesn't remember anything. I suggest not to remind her of her baby." The doctor says.

"Will she ever get it back?" I ask. I really hope she does. Then again maybe it would be good for Trish not to remember she hates me.

"It's highly unlikely that she will, but there is a possibility." The doctor says.

I nod in understanding, "Is there anything else I should know?" I ask.

"Trish has a broken leg and some minor internal bleeding as well as many scratches and bruises. However she will make a full recovery besides her memory loss that may be permanent." The doctor says.

I sigh and fake a smile, "Thank you doctor." I say before walking back into Trish's room.

She's asleep now. She looks so peacefull.

I see her leg propped up and many machines hooked up to her. There's a big gash in her forehead. But still she's beautiful.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry this chapter is short...but I might post again later today and I will for sure post tomorrow!

So this was kinda just a filler chapter. What did you think?

Please comment and vote!

-Emma(: