Ch. 23: The Phone Call

<~Austin's POV:

I starred into Ally's chocolate brown eyes. I was lost in her eyes, hopefully never to be found again.

When we dance I feel like I'm flying. I slowly lean in and kiss her. Now I'm shooting into outer space.

It was perfect and then my phone rings.

I answer and what I hear is just shocking.

"Austin...come to the hospital right now. Trish is in trouble."

It was Dez. My best buddy bringing me bad news.

"Alright I'll be there soon!" I reply quickly. I hang up facing Ally. She has a worried expression on her face.

"Is something wrong?" She asks nervously.

I bite my lip, hesitant to tell her. It kills me to see her sad.

"Dez called. He said Trish is in trouble." I tried to say as calmly as possible.

I saw tears beginning to fog up her eyes. Her face was turning red. With that she began bawling. She buried her face in my chest as she cried loudly. I wrapped her up in a hug, rubbing her back. Hoping to calm her down.

I picked her up and carried her to the car so we could go to the hospital. I hope Trish is okay. She has to be!

-------

<~Dez's POV:

I sat alone on the cold, hard hospital bench outside Trish's room. The doctors had told me that there was a serious problem with Trish.

I called Austin right away. He sounded pretty shocked, however I was too. I wonder how Ally is taking the news...considering this is her best friend we're talking about.

I folded my hands and faced the floor, nervously awaiting how Trish was doing.

"We're here." Austin said as he walked into the waiting room. He was carrying Ally in his arms, she was crying.

He sat down next to me cradling Ally in his arms.

"Any news on how she's doing?" Asked Austin.

I simply shook my head, "No...but yesterday they said she would be fine! Now shes in serious trouble." I explain over Ally's loud cries.

Austin didn't say anything. He just continued to comfort Ally.

~4 hours later~

A doctor walked into the waiting room. Ally's cries had slowly quieted down until she fell asleep. Now Austin and I were awaiting the news and this doctor was what we've been waiting for.

"I have news about Trish." He announced. Although we we're the only ones waiting besides her mom.

Austin and I both starred at him eager to here news, which would hopefully be good.

"We have discovered that Trish had some serious internal bleeding so we had to give surgery which she responded well too. Her memory has even returned. She will be able to go home in a week."

I felt myself let loose and relax. It was good news. Trish would be home in a week! And she it her memory back! That's amazing news!

Austin and I shared a smile. It was nice to know Trish was okay now. If only the baby would have survived too.

-------

<~Austin's POV:

I was so relieved to hear that Trish was okay. I had to tell Ally. I glanced down at her asleep on my lap. She looked so adorable.

I gently nudged her. I wanted to tell her the great news.

"Ally." I whispered softly.

She rolled her head around and her eyes fluttered open.

"A-Austin?" She mumbled.

I chuckled. She was totally unaware that we we're in the hospital.

"WAIT! How's Trish!" Ally says frantically. Her head shooting up.

It appears I was wrong.

"She's fine. She had some internal bleeding and needed surgery. But she is fine and her memory is back." I say with a smile.

She gives me a bigger smile than I've ever seen her have before and she hugs me tightly, even throwing in a few kisses.

Ally pulled away, tired from giving me such a tight squeeze and from all the kisses.

"I'm so glad she's okay!" Ally exclaimed. She sounded pretty excited.

I chuckled, "Me too. She even gets to come home in a week."

Ally smiled again, "That's great. Are we allowed to see her?" She asks.

I nod, "Yep, Dez just went in there. Why don't we go see her too." I suggest.

Ally hops off my lap and we walk side by side into Trish's room. Trish was tired but she was doing pretty good.

"Ally!" Trish said excited yet tired.

"Trish!" Ally exclaimed rushing past me through the doorway and giving Trish her bone crushing hug which I had gotten minutes before.

"I'm so happy to see you guys." Trish said smiling.

"We're all so glad your okay." Dez said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Ally responded to Dez's comment with a nod.

-------

<~Ally's POV:

I sat on the bedside with Trish, we talked throughout the whole day. The boys both left for a while but we didn't mind. I just missed Austin....

I really missed Austin...

I think Trish could tell to because she kept telling me that it was okay for me to leave and go find him. Which I really wanted to but I had to be there for Trish and I'd see Austin later tonight.

"Ally...why did my baby have to die?" Trish asked a tear dribbling down her face.

Where did that come from? A minute ago we were laughing and having fun until she brought up a very depressing question.

"I- I don't know." I stuttered. I truly had no idea. I didn't really want to talk about it.

Trish turned away from me. It was silent for a while. Until it had been two hours of complete silence and I had to go.

"Bye Trish." I say softly but Trish doesn't reply. Great now she's sad and in the hospital.

I exit the room and find the one I've missed all day long standing in the hallway waiting for me, arms open for me to come running.

So I did.

I ran and jumped into his arms and he hugged me tightly. Austin had said he'd come and pick me up after visiting hours were over and here he is.

I held his hand as we walked out to his car.

His touch caused me to melt. I instantly felt relaxed, safe, happy. I love him so much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is super short! There will probably be two new chapters tomorrow! The reason it's short is because it's a filler chapter. Also sorry for not updating much, I've been so so busy. Now I'm less busy so I have more time to update.

Please comment and vote!

~Emma