Chapter 38

So...How's it been going guys? Heh... I know, I know, three years without a single update? How could I?! Well, I did. But I think enough is enough, don't you?
School has just been...crazy. I transitioned into highschool and struggled a bit with the change, as well as the work load. Taking the AP classes that I am currently, I don't know when I'll finish. 
Anyways, so... down to "bid-ness" (heh heh...no? Okay. No jokes).

Okay, so this chapter will be more from Gerilynn's POV. I thought that it would be interesting to expand a little bit more on the Whisper-Gerilynn/Mother-Daughter-ish relationship that is forming. 

Chapter 38

(P.S. IDEK what kind of format I used and I'm too lazy to go back and look, so just get used to this writing style :))

*****

"Thanks for letting me stay here; been a while since I've had a decent bed," Liam smiled at Gerilynn, flopping down into the bed.

"Mm. There's a bathroom down the hall at the very end. Help yourself in the kitchen," she spoke curtly, crossing her arms and staring hard.

"...Is something wrong?" he questioned, frowning up at her .

"I'm not a very trusting person, and with the number of crazy ass incidents recently, I don't like new people just showing up randomly," she replied flatly. "So I'll warn you now: if you even try to cause any of my precious people pain, I will kill you."

"Hey now," he held up his hands, offering a charming smile, "I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm here because she summoned me."

"Trouble has an odd way of finding us nonetheless." She strode out of the room without further ado.

"You really don't like him, huh?" Gia teased her, catching up to her in the halls. "Is it because he tried to flirt with Whisper? I thought you didn't swing that way."

Her hand gripped the rail of the staircase she had just come to a halt at the top of.

"She makes him happy...and I think they've had more than enough obstacles thrown at them. I won't allow this to become another one, because Kakashi, deep down, still thinks such happiness is too good for a person like him. He won't fight very hard if someone young and whole like Liam tries to steal her away." Her grip tightened for a moment. "So I'll fight for him from the shadows, where I belong."

"...Heh...Of course you will," he smiled gently, ruffling her hair. "Can't have your father breaking up with your mother, eh?"

"Wha-...oh, shut up," she muttered, shaking her head slightly and continuing down the stairs; a faint smile touched her lips out of his view. "I need to eat."

~

"Kakashi? Whisper?" Archer called, sliding in through the window; it was around noon, so she assumed it was safe to enter.

"Geri-chan!" the silver-haired woman beamed from the kitchen, sitting on a chair nearby the oven. "You came just in time! Can you take out the cookies for me? I don't want them to get burnt."

"Eh? Fine..." she sighed, slipping on a pair of oven mitts and taking out the tray; she set it on the stove top to cool.

"Triple chocolate-chip," she grinned excitedly, clapping her hands. "I have some sugar cookie batter in the fridge; do you want to help me decorate and then devour them?"(A/N: "devour," not "eat." There is a difference.)

"Can't we just skip the decorating and go straight to the devouring?" she questioned, eyeing the fridge.

"No! We have to decorate at least half of them- I already made the frosting," she huffed, lips set in a pout. "...But we can devour some chocolate-chip cookies now..."