Chapter 20

I woke to the sound of someone pounding on the door, startling me into jumping to my feet.

"Wake up!" Shane shouted through the door. "Come ON!"

I rubbed my eyes, trying to clear the blur as I yanked open the door, furious.

"What. The. Hell. Shane?" 

"You wouldn't wake up... Whoa... What are you wearing?"

"Shane. Why did you wake me up?"

"I...uh... Takeo needs to talk to you two. He says it's urgent."

"Tell him we'll be out in a minute. And they're pjs!" I was flushed lightly, recalling that I had on very short shorts and a really tight top.

"..'Kay." He backed off, closing the door.

I hissed quietly in annoyance, grabbed my bag, and went to my side of the futon.

"Turn around so I can change," I ordered Kakashi, making a spinning motion with my finger. "No peeking either, or you'll never be able to peek again."

"Wasn't going to..." he muttered, crossing the room to rummage through his own bag, his back carefully turned.

"Uh-huh. Perv..." I said under my breath, pulling on a white tank top.

"...You should talk." I heard his clothes hit the ground behind me.

I turned red.

"Wasn't like you were naked or anything," I mocked him, smirking slightly as I pulled on my blue jeans.

"You were undressing me with your eyes, Whisper," he replied, and I could almost hear his eye roll.

"Nope!" I popped the 'p' and slipped my arms into my leather jacket, then continued to brush my hair out.

"If you say so." He turned to face me, zipping up his vest.

I rolled my eyes.

Hm...

"Do you know how to braid?" I asked hopefully.

"...Gerilynn does."

I frowned, "Great. Now I have to trust her with my hair..." I threw my brush into my bag, zipping it up.

"Oh, come on. She's not that bad."

"..." I walked out the door.

Takeo stood conversing seriously with the toothpick in question and her older brother, Shane sprawled on the couch. All looked up when we entered.

"Hey, Toothpick... Will you braid my hair for me?" I blurted, hating to have to ask her.

"Uh...Guess so." She gave me a weird look but beckoned me over.

I quickly stood in front of her, handing her a hair tie, then turned to face Takeo as she started.

"Whaz up, buddy?"

"As soon as you're finished, you and Kakashi are to come with me to see Lord Hokage. He has a mission for us," Takeo said seriously, smiling briefly.

"'Kay. Where's Shira?" I asked Gia curiously, not seeing her anywhere.

"She said something about hunting really early this morning," Gia answered. "I think she's out back right now, eating."

I wrinkled my nose in disgust. I pointed at Kakashi, "You. Go back there and see if she is done."

"Why me?" he asked, a bit amused.

"Because Shira likes you. And I will get sick if there is blood. Have fun."