Chapter 3

My senses woke as I slowly came to, leaving dreams of butterflies. First came hearing; I could clearly hear snoring from somewhere near me, but it was muffled.

Get up! The sun is already rising and I'm bored!

"Ah-ha-owwww," I groaned feeling little needles of fiery hot pain plucking at my skin.

Slowly, I rolled over, and fell? 

When did I get put in a bed? More importantly, whose bed am I in?

 "God dammif, stifiid pedt (God damnit, stupid bed,)," my voice muffled; my face was smooshed into the hard wood floor. "'Aven't ya efe herd o' carmphet (Haven't ya ever heard of carpet)?" I grumbled, face still connected very tightly with the ground.

It was then I heard the rough chuckling above me.

"S'not fumny," I whined, turning my head up to glare, wincing when it cracked.

The laughter just increased.

I gasped, checking for my ears and tail as casually as possible.

Good, they're still hidden...

Sighing in relief, I slowly pulled myself up, swaying slightly as the blood rushed back through my body.

"Ugh... Head rush," I muttered as I gripped my throbbing head, looking around through squinted eyes.

It was a plain, small looking apartment.

My gaze continued searching the room for Shira; she was curled up in a basket of books... reading.

"What is that?" I asked, moving over to the basket, tripping over my own feet a bit. My legs bent as I crouched down and picked one up; my eyes grazed over the cover and I flung it away as if it'd burnt my hand. "You read those?! No, you let Shira read those?!" I shouted at the silver-haired man, Kakashi.

"They're just-"

"You do realize that she's still considered a child?" I growled, scooping her up away from the porn novels and safely cradling her in my arms.

"Hey!" she protested, squirming around.

I set her down after a moment, away from the books, and quickly sat back down on the bed; I needed to get to work on my wounds. My fingers cleaned out the dirt with alcohol swabs.

"So, why am I here?" I questioned sharply, dismissing Shira for the day

He stretched, swinging his legs over the other side of the bed.

"Hokage-sama wants you as a ninja. It was asked of me to bring you here."