Chapter 26

I yawned quietly, rolling over and stretching, only to be pulled back and tightly secured against a warm chest.

I turned my head back and saw that he still had his eye closed.

"Kakashi?" I muttered groggily, rubbing at my eyes.

"No. Sleeping. Don't move," he mumbled, burying his face in the back of my neck.

I laughed, "At least let me turn around!"

"But your hair is nice to hide in," he protested.

"Fine..." I grabbed a pillow to snuggle into instead.

With a sigh, he stole the pillow and rolled me over to face him, letting me curl into his chest.

I purred lightly, pressing my face into his neck as he chuckled.

A thought occured to me suddenly.

"Where are we?"

He chuckled again.

"We're in Gia's office. I thought you'd rather sleep on a bed than on the floor with the others," he explained.

I nodded, purring slightly louder as he scratched at my ears.

We laid there for a while quietly. The quiet was broken by yelling from the outer room.

"Shane, you little snot! When I get my hands on you-"

"AHHHHH!!!!!" Shane barged into the office, jumping onto the futon and hiding behind us. "Tell her not to kill me, tell her not to kill me!!"

"I don't know... I was quite relaxed until you jumped in here..." I muttered, still having my face pressed into Kakashi's neck.

"What did you do?" Kakashi asked curiously.

"I-"

"There you are you little shit!" Gerilynn suddenly burst into the room, sporting a rather impressive marker-handlebar mustache and the letters G+I 4 Eva on her forehead.

I glanced up at her and fell into giggles, trying to high five Shane.

"Not FUNNY!!!" she roared, jumping onto the futon and wrestling the kid into a headlock, noogying  him mercilessly.

I clung tighter to Kakashi, who slowly started to get up. "Take me with you!"

He looked down at me with amusement, but didn't push me off, instead covertly walking to the door and slipping out, closing it behind him.

I patted his head. "Good boy," and snuggled my face back into his neck.

We walked out fo find the others still groggy, their faces equally colored.

I laughed even harder, Kakashi having to hold me up, "Y-You-u guys f-fac-es!"

"Wh-wha?" Takeo mumbled, his upper body hanging off the couch upside down, head resting on the floor. There was a brilliant array of color on his face in the shape of stars.

I finally sobered as they all really woke up and were laughing at each other until they realized that each of them had magic marker all over their faces.

"Gerilynn did it!" I exclaimed, pointin at her as she walked out of the office.

"Nice try, but I've got marker on my face too. Shane is the only clean one, other than you two," she snarked, the boy slung over her shoulder like a sack of potatos with his hair in disarray.

I easily gave shane a marker using some water, "No you don't, Gerilynn. Go look in the bathroom if you don't believe me."

Good thing I had gotten it off of her earlier..Mwahahahahahahaaaa! Oh wow... Did I seriously ust laugh evilly in my head?