Chapter 2

My shoulder ached terribly when I came around, a slight headache throbbing gently at the back of my head; I let a small groan leave my lips.

"Kakashi, she's awake," a female voice called, sounding from next to me.

I rubbed my face into the floor, which I'm guessing is wood.

"About time you woke up." The voice was quiet and smooth; it sent shivers down my spine.

"Don't be rude, Kakashi," a feminine voice scolded, and I felt light fingers prodding around my shoulder and arm.

I felt another presence next to me, moving closer to my shoulder.

"Yeah, you're just upset because she took out that nin," a third, male voice, chuckled.

I groaned again, swatting the hands away and rolling over, curling up on the... wood floor? My body tensed and reacted accordingly; I flipped onto my feet to face the strangers, eyes snapping open to investigate what the heck was going on.

"Where am I?" I snapped at the three jonin, frowning. "And who are you? And the old fart? Most importantly, do you have any food? I'm starving."

They kind of just stared at me for a while.

"No? Hm... That's a problem..." I muttered, rubbing my chin as my body relaxed; there was no reason for these jonin to be after me.

Ah... Ramen would be great... Mmm... Maybe I'll find some miso, too... But then, Dango sounds really good, too...

"Excuse me."

My head snapped up attentively, cursing my low attention span.

"I, young lady, am the Hokage of Konoha, the village hidden in the leaves. These are three of my jonin," the old man explained, as if I were a child (I couldn't blame him, what with my actions). "What is your name, and why were you fighting Hayao?"

"My name is Nakurama Whisper," I grinned, pointing at myself. "And, I have no idea who Hayao is!"

"The rogue nin you fought," he explained.

"Oh! I called his mother a-ha-ha... Um... He ran into me while I was walking on the road and I might have said something and... yeah," I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck.

 "...I see..." He frowned slightly but still seemed amused. "Well, we were the village to handle the bounty for him, so to speak, so it seems we owe you," he continued.

"Dinner sounds good," I offered innocently and seriously, rocking on my heels; my tail would have been waving happily, had I not...

"Hm...The custom is to simply pay off the bounty," he replied, hefting a small but nicely bulging cloth bag. "But I suppose if you'd rather just have dinner...."