Chapter 18

I sighed softly as my brain started to wake, snugling more into Kakashi, but being careful.

"Morning, Whisper," he murmured,and I felt him scratch my ears.

I started to purr, leaning into his hand, rubbing my head into his hand as I did so.

"...so cute..." I heard him mutter to himself as he reached my sweet spot.

I went limp and just purred.

It's nice to have my ears scratched every now and then...

"Thattttttt feellllllllllllsssssss nniicccccceeeee," I managed to get out, and heard him chuckle.

"I thought you didn't want me to scratch your ears."

"Only in Puuuurrrrrrrblicc..." I muttered, my hands kneading at the blanket.

"'Purblic?'"

"Yepuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr..." I purred out.

I could almost hear his eye roll.

When I managed to open my eyes and glance at him, he was watching me with that soft glint in his eye again...

I blushed, looking down at my hands. "How's your...?" I gestured to his shoulder.

"Fine."

A sudden thought occurred to me...

"Did you have that taken care of at the hospital?" I asked skepticly.

"Eh... Maybe?" He scratched the back of his head, a sheepish look in his eye.

I sweat dropped, "Get dressed. I'm taking you to the hospital."

I hopped out of bed, stretched in a feline manner, and went over to the dresser, sifting in the drawer I'd taken over yesterday.

"That's not necessary." I heard the bed rustle as Kakshi sat up.

I heard him groan quietly, guessing he stretched.

"It is entirely necessary," I informed him, standing back up with my clothes in hand.

"Nope. Not a chance," he commented, crossing to the dresser and starting to rummage.

"I'll get Iruka, Gai, Shane, Akina, Kenji, Takeo, Irishi, Gerilynn and Gia." I walked past him, patting his shoulder lightly, and closed the bathroom door behind me.

"You'll never take me alive," he called seriously. "There are people who actually need that hospital, and I'm not one of them. Gerilynn will side with me, and we can take all of you."

"At least let Gia take care of you, then!" I exclaimed, exasperated.

"If you promise to shut up about it, then I guess..." he grumbled back.

I cracked open the door and threw the toothpaste at him, locking it shut after.

"That wasn't nice, but thanks anyway," he called. I smirked, concentrating on the toothpaste(which I had added a little water to) and squirted it at him, quickly turning on the shower and jumping in, ignoring his surprised yelp.

"...You are really annoying sometimes, you know?" he called.

"That's my middle name!" I shouted, and continued with my morning routine.

"I believe it."

I rolled my eyes.

~five minutes later~

I strode out of the bathroom, wearing some loose jeans and a hot pink shirt with purple stripes on it. "Next."

He stepped past me, heading into the bathroom, a large white toothpaste stain on his dark shirt.