Chapter 30

We were eating 'breakfast' when someone knocked on the door.

I stood up and went to answer the door, Kakashi following closely behind me.

An ANBU stood outside.

"I need you two and your bodyguard to come with me; Lord Hokage wants to see you."

"'Kay, give me a sec," I shrugged, turning and jogging into the bedroom, grabbing a long sleeved shirt and jogging pants.

Blasted fur...

 I itched as I walked into the bathroom, throwing on my clothing and yanking a brush through my hair.

Stepping back out, I froze.

Kakashi was standing in a pair of boxers.

"Eh...Why didn't you stop humming?" he asked rather awkwardly, blushing.

"...I-you... P-put on some d-damn c-clothing!" I stuttered, my face red as I turned back around.

I heard him dress hastily.

"You can look now..." he mumbled.

I went over to him and punched him in the arm, continuing out the door.

Gerilynn was talking to the ANBU seriously when we walked out, but they fell silent instantly.

"Ready?" the masked ANBU asked.

"Yes," Kakashi answered, and we headed out.

"So... Is this good or bad?" I asked Gerilynn curiously, catching up to her.

"Can't say. Sorry," she replied stoicly.

Damn...

I sighed, and fell back to Kakashi. "I swear if he is going to give me up, I'm leaving..."

"He won't," Kakashi said confidently.

"Even if it threatens the entire village? I doubt it," I replied, scoffing.

Kakashi refused to answer me.

I knew I was right... Oh well, won't be anything new...

He wrapped his arm around me suddenly, pulling me against his side as we walked.

I stayed silent, continuing to walk quietly.

Butterflies were fluttering madly in my stomach as we approached the office door. I froze up for a second as it opened, but Kakashi guided me forward firmly.

The Hokage was seated behind his desk as per usual, a grave look on his face. Gia stood to one side with Kell, Shane behind them.

"We've had news from our new enemies," the old man began. "They have declared war against us. We have since decided on a course of action. It will require a rather dangerous role from you, Ms. Nakurama."

The three of us exchanged glances.

"Let's hear it then," I said meekly.

"The enemy is causing this problem because we refuse to give you up to them. I won't lie to you; I want to use you as bait to draw out the enemy. If they attack first, we have the advantage. The plan is to send a large squad out with you. They will be hidden around you, waiting for the enemy to strike. The instant they do, they'll move in to defend you and destroy the enemy." The Hokage fixed me with a level stare.

I blinked at him, waiting for someone to shout "Pranked you!" It didn't happen.

"So... I'm pretty much going to be a sitting duck, in the middle of a bunch of people, waiting for another large group of people who want me dead after torturing me for information? Sounds great." My voice was high pitched.