Chapter 10

• Dedicated to My kitten, butter

I positioned myself next to Shira, enjoying her warmth.

I glanced over at Gerilynn. "Soo...." I trailed off.

"So what?" she mumbled back, not looking up from the carving in her hands.

"Are you really fifteen?" I asked skeptically.

"Of course I am. Why?"

"Well.... you don't act like one," I told her honestly.

She was quiet for a moment.

"Um. I don't really have time to act like a hormonal fifteen year old. I am captain of my squad, and I'm in charge of several other squads as well. How am I supposed to manage everything if I act like a kid?" the kunoichi posed quietly, setting aside the carving to wrap her arms around her knees.

"... I know you and everyone else probably think of me as a wuss, what with the panic attack I had in our spar and the blood thing earlier... and as irresponsible, and childish, but... that's how I deal with things. Put up a front and hide what's really inside me...." I trailed off, realized how true my words were...

"Hn. I didn't say you were a wuss. I just get annoyed easily on stressful missions like this. I understand being afraid of blood, and I definitely understand wearing a mask..." She paused, glancing up at the sky. "ANBU are supposed to wear masks, to conceal their identities and prevent compromising various information and missions... I choose not to."

"... You know, you really aren't that bad, Toothpick," I smiled, stroking Shira's head.

"Maybe you're not so bad yourself... I'm going to go scout ahead a bit. Yell if something happens; God knows I'll be able to hear you," she finished with a tiny smile, standing and stretching before taking off.

;Now, was that so hard?;

I frowned.

)You just ruined it...(

;Whoops... my B, my B;

I rolled my eyes.

~a while later~

"Whisker! Come on down, have someone else take your watch for now," Gerilynn called, heading over to Gia.

I nodded, yawning. I got up, and started walking to the edge of the wagon.

Let's just say, I took one step too many...

"Ah-" I had my whole scream going, but landed on something softer than the ground.

"Owww...." Shane muttered, "Do you go out of your way to hurt me?!"

I laughed shakily, "No, I'm sorry..." I pushed myself up, helping Shane up.

"Thanks, and, you're forgiven," he smiled at me.

I laughed quietly, "Night, Shane." I ruffled his hair and stumbled over to where my pack was, finding a sleeping Kakashi on top of it.

"......poo," I pouted. Okay...

Method 1: Push Kakashi off of bag.

Failed.

Method 2: Pull Kakashi off bag.

Failed.

Method 3: Get Gerilynn.

Failed, with a bruise.

Stupid sleepwalker!

Method 4: Jump on him.

Bingo.... Sorta.

Good thing: He woke up.

Bad things: 1, He was up the entire time. 2, He likes to cuddle.