Chapter 25

Kakashi looked up when I came in, a rather relieved look on his face. He started to get up, but seemed to change his mind, dropping back onto the couch.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you. I was worried..." he apologized, looking down.

I walked over and crawled into his lap, pressing my face into his shoulder as I tried to get up the nerve to spill.

"You there, Whisper?" he asked, wrapping his arms around me and nudging my temple with his chin.

I took in a deep breath, "Yeah."

"Good." He started humming softly to himself, almost absently, as he read over my shoulder.

I sighed quietly and slowly started to drift asleep.

___

I curled more tightly into a ball as I slowly woke. I was warm, and I didn't want to wake up yet.

The sound of movement to my left made me crack open my eyes.

Kakashi was sitting at his desk, a mug of tea to one side, an open scroll spread before him.

I tugged at the blanket around me, and carefully slid off of the couch, carefully making my way over to him. "What time is it?" I asked quietly, yawning as I finished my scentence.

"Hm? Probably around eight. Morning," he replied, flashing a smile before turning back to his reading.

"Oh... good. I can still sleep," I mumbled, turning back to the couch. I crawled back on and curled into a tight ball, resting my tail near my nose.

He chuckled but didn't comment.

;WAKEY WAKEY!!!;

I yelped and fell back off of the couch, groaning into the wood floor.

)Ow....(

"Why are you on the floor?" Kakashi asked in confusion as he stood, apparently intent on refilling his mug.

"I... Shira... wakey wakey..." I muttered, pushing the blanket under my nose and burying myself in it.

"Mmkay. If you get thirsty or something, let me know," he replied amiably, settling back down with a full cup.

;Ah-ah-ahhh! Get up, Mrs. Sleepy!;

I made a quiet whining noise.

)Leave me alooonnnne...(

;No. You should get up. Kakashi's already been out running while you and your lazy ass slept.;

"Well that's good for Kakashi... Now leave me alone..." I grumbled quietly, trying to muffle her with the blanket, but realizing she was talking through our mind link.

"What's good for me?" the shinobi asked vaguely without looking up.

"According to Shira, you 'went running, while me and my lazy ass slept.' Personally, I find that perfectly okay. My ass can be lazy if it wants..."

"...Mmkay."

;NO!... Phew... I thought you'd almost fallen asleep again...;

)... I DID UNTIL YOU YELLED, BEETCH!(

;...Well then, GET UP!!!;

This time she crawled out from under the couch and jabbed at my ribs with her tail.

"No!" I pouted, dragging my blanket along with myself under Kakashi's desk, away from her.

He leaned down, looking at me upside down.