Chapter 19

~Kakashi's POV~

I crashed into wakefulness with a groan, my head pounding and my throat uncomfortably dry. I shifted, blinking blearily, and froze when I noticed the warm body clinging to me.

Whisper had her leg hooked around my hip, one of her arms wrapped round my neck, her other hand resting on my chest. Her face was buried into my neck, her warm breath brushing my skin through my mask.

Um.... Now what am I supposed to do?

I stared at her, trying to think through the headache as to how to escape without waking her.

She mumbled something incoherent, stretching in her sleep, loosening her grasp for a moment.

Jumping at the opportunity, I eased out from under her, slipping my pillow into my place. She immediately snuggled into it, crushing it to her chest.

Releasing a quiet sigh of relief, I picked up the aspirin and water she had left on the nightstand and downed two, along with the entire bottle of water. Then I grabbed some fresh clothes and got in the shower.

~Whisper POV~

I slowly started to wake, mumbling something like 'Stupid butt'. I don't remember.....

I rolled over, bringing whatever I was clutching at with me.

I opened my eyes groggily, rubbing at them so that they'd clear up a bit.

I'm hugging... a pillow?

I shrugged, tossing it on the other side of the bed. Stretching, I rolled again, falling off of the bed with a loud thump.

"Ow..."

"You know, the floor actually isn't very comfortable," Kakashi commented, walking out of the bathroom.

"I just figured that out," I groaned, not making a move to get up.

"Hm. What are you going to do about it?"

"Lay here." My voice was muffled by the carpet.

"Heh heh. How's that working out for you?" he looked down at me.

"Not well... Help me?" I questioned, still staying where I was. "I think I bruised my face..."

He sighed, amused.

"What do you propose I do?"

"Pick me up."

"Oh. Like this?" Kakashi wrapped his hands around my waist and lifted me up...upside-down.

"No!" I whined, struggling.

"Oh. You meant right side up." He set me carefully on the bed, smiling crinkle-eyed.

"Yeah...Cats hate being upside-down..." I muttered, rubbing my head as the blood rushed back down my body.

"Hm. Good to know," he muttered, walking out the door into the other room.

I rolled my eyes, went over to the dresser, grabbed out some clothes, and continued with my morning routine.

Walking out of the bathroom, Shira was waiting for me on Kakashi's bed.

"So... How late were you awake last night?" she asked nonchalantly.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Shira. Be careful where you go with that question."

;I was just wondering if you heard him last night...;

)Heard him what?( My expression was sly.

;So you did!;