Chapter 14

~Kakashi's POV~

Come on, Whisper....Don't give up on me now...

I stared at her closed eyes, willing them to open and show her molten amber eyes...

Gia quickly knelt next to Gerilynn, placing his hands over top of Whisper's gash, gold light pouring into her body.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and Shane murmured, "If she still has a pulse, which I'm almost positive she does, they might be able to save her..."

I clenched my fists tightly, my muscles tensing as I stared and hoped...

Please, Whisper...

~Gerilynn's POV~

I shoved my silver magic into her body, pouring energy into her, barely able to keep up her pulse.

NO! I won't let you die!

I pushed more magic into her, and felt Gia's own golden light mingle with mine, working together to repair the damage and replenish her blood.

~Ten minutes later~

I gave her the last bit of energy I could, Gia finishing the job, making sure her heart was steady.

I sighed, my head swimming and my form shaking from exhaustion, while tunnel vision darkened my eyes and my stomach rolled uneasily.

"Well?!" Kakashi demanded, shifting around constantly.

"She'll be fine... But I don't know when she'll wake... it could be now or-"

"Sup, my homies?" I heard a soft croak, and my eyes snapped down to Whisper.

~Whisper POV~

I was floating... As if I were in a sea of darkness... just able to draw in the tiniest amount of air I could...

Am I... dead?

Silver light started to trickle towards me.

It seems so familiar... but... I can't... think....

The light covered my body, and slowly started to seep into me, tugging at my wound.

Why does it not.. hurt?

Golden light followed soon after, repairing my wound and filling my body, almost as if replacing my blood...

My breaths became less shallow, and my mind cleared.

The last few moments replayed in my head before the light receded, the red of my eyelids appearing, letting me know it was still light.

I heard murmured words, all serious and exhausted.

"Sup... my homies?" I mumbled, my eyes refusing to open on command.

"Whisker?" someone asked, something lightly brushing against my cheek.

"Hm? Why won't my eyes open?" I muttered, still trying to open them.

"You're exhausted and need to rest," Gia, I think, explained from above me, towards my legs.

"Hm..." I hummed, sleep tugging at my mind.

"Everyone... K?" I managed to get out.

"Just a bit battered and bruised," Shane explained from near my head.

"K... I'm sleep...." I slowly gave into the darkness, the last thing I remembered was being pulled into a warm chest, a sigh of relief escaping from him.