Chapter Seven

Four Years Later (Eighteen Years Old)

Desiree' POV

"Get your ass out. I been waitin'  I don't know how fuckin' long for this moment. I never wanted your ass anyway," my mother pushed me towards the door as I got my last box from my room.

"Fuck you," I turned to her after I walked over the threshold into the hallway.

"What would your daddy be saying with you talkin' like that?" She mocked, "Oh yeah, that's right, his ass is dead! Get the fuck on!"

I went downstairs to my beat up car that had everything that I owned in it, which was barely anything and set out on my way to Louisiana. LSU to be more specific. To Odell to be as specific as I could get.

I always knew since I was a kid that when I got older I wanted to leave New York. Where I wanted to go at the time I had no idea, I just wanted to get away.

I guess Odell became the deciding factor on where that would be. After all these years we would finally get together and be around each other like we'd talked about since we were nine years old.

My phone ringing pulled me from my own brain.

"Hello?"

"Dezzy! Where you at baby," Odell spoke into the phone.

"I'm on my way. It's like a twenty hour drive Dell," I laughed.

"I know, but I can't wait for you to get here. I owe you 'bout ten years worth a' hugs," he laughed.

"Yeah I know, got me coming to damn swamp land," I laughed with him.

"I gotta go to work, but still call me if you need me and Imma see how ya' doin' after I get off."

"Okay, I should be there at like I don't know, four?"

"It's a hour behind, so three."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

"Aight imma see you when you get here. Love you Dez, and I can't wait to see you."

"Love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

~

After the longest drive ever I finally got to Louisiana. It was... different. Swampy maybe? Country? With a lot of trees. My ass was used to two trees per block in New York. This shit was like the rainforest.

I pulled out my phone and saw that it was 2:30 am. "Dell, wake up. I'm outside," I spoke into the phone as I pulled in front of what was supposed to be Odell's house.

"Aight I'm comin'," he spoke groggily.

I got out of the car and waited for him to come outside. I don't know why but outta no where I got nervous.

~

Odell POV

I got up from my bed and threw on a sweat shirt before going outside. I was hype as shit to finally see Dezzy for real.

In the dark street I could barely see her but there she was. Leaning against her car with her pretty brown skin glowing under the dim street light looking down at her phone.

~
Third Person POV

"Dezzy!" Odell called as he jogged over to Desiree' who looked up at the sound of her name and smiled brightly as her best friend since childhood finally approached her.

"Oh my god Dell!"

The two hugged each other as closely as they could and neither of them knew for how long.

They were relishing in the feeling of simply being in each other's presence.

~

Odell POV

"I'm so glad you finally hea'," I spoke into Dezzy's hair as I held her close to me.

"Me too Dellie," she mumbled against my sweater with her arms around my waist.

"I neva' thought this would happen," I smiled as I pulled away from her and held her at arms length.

"Me neither," she smiled up at me before wrapping her arms around me again.

She smelled like her letters did, like coconuts and dove soap.

We must have been thinking the same thing because she spoke up, "You smell good Dellie, like your letters, but better," she laughed.

"You do too," I smiled.

"It's almost three, Imma go to my hotel and see you tomorrow, okay?" She let out a yawn.

I shook my head, "Nah, you not about to be outta my sight no time soon. Just spend the night here. Wit' me."

"Odell, I already paid for the room when I booked it," she sighed.

"I'll pay you back for it. Just stay. You wanna leave me already," I fake pouted, but I really did want her to stay.

"Okay," she nodded. "I'm beyond tired anyway."

"Thank you. Now come on," I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards my house.

~
Desiree' POV

Odell's house was small and cozy. It was really cute and reminded me of what a home should be.

Odell guided me to his room and it was filled with everything football.

"Come tell me somethin'," he let go of my hand to sit down on his bed and patted the spot next to him.

"What you want me to tell," I asked, looking over at him.

Odell was a real cutie, but I knew that already, but it was different to see him live in person.

"How was your drive?"

"It was good. Long as hell, but the things I do for you," I laughed.

"Don't do that," he straight faced me.

"Do what?"

"Play like you ain't wanna come down hea' and see all this sexiness real live," he stood up and rubbed down his body and I busted out laughing.

"Right. You caught me," I held my hands up before hitting him. "Sike!" I laughed.

"Stop playin'," he laughed and grabbed my hands before sitting back on the bed.

We looked at the clock and it was 3:30.

"I gotta go get something to change into from the car," I rose off the bed, only for  his huge hand to pull me back down.

"Just wear somethin' I got. It's too late fa' you to be goin' back out  Thea' and I'on feel like it either," he shrugged and took off his sweatshirt and handed it to me before getting up and getting a pair of basketball shorts from his drawer.

"Thanks, where's the bathroom?"

"Third door on the left."

I went and changed my clothes. His sweatshirt smelled really fucking good.

I went back in the room only to find Odell sprawled across his bed. He looked asleep so I made my way back out the door only to feel something hit the back of my head.

"Ow! What the hell Odell?!" I looked to see it was a magazine.

"Where you goin'? Come back here and lay down with your best friend," he moved over to make room for me on the bed and a laid down next to him.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks Dell," I spoke up as I played with his hand that was laying on his stomach. His hands really were huge.

"You'on have nothing ta' thank me for nothing. I've always needed you just as much as you needed me," he smiled down at me and kissed my cheek. "Night Dez."

"Night Dell."

A/N: They finally met. When are they gonna get together? 😂Please vote and comment :D