Chapter Nine

A/N: Odell's family is a little different in this book than it actually is in real life.

Three Months Later

Desiree POV

There was a video of Odell at a party rapping extra hard while drunk off his ass. "West side, Bankhead, that's where I'm from! Er'ythang y'all did, it been done! My true game and my shoe game, you can't touch that shit! Bitch talm 'bout fuck me? NAH FUCK DAT BITCH! Fuh' dat bitch!"

The caption read:

Fuck That Bitch.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to know he was talking about me.

~
Two Weeks Earlier

"Get my Biology book it's in the big part," Odell instructed me as we got ready to study.

I went around him and went to get the book from his bag. I got the book and at the bottom of the bag there was a small bag with something white in it. You're fucking kidding me.

"Odell are you serious right now?" I asked as I reached in the bag to get the drugs out.

Odell snatched the bag from me, before I could get it, and put it back on his back.

"What Dezzy, damn," Odell shrugged as we sat in the park near a pond.

"You're a fucking dope boy that's what. You're better than this."

"You know what, we ain't talkin' 'bout this, cuz I ain't got time fa' you to be playing dumb Desiree'," he got up and dusted off his pants as he looked down at me.

"Playing dumb? What are you talking about?"

"All that stuff I sent you, all those times I paid your fuckin' light bill, don't act like you ain't have no idea where that money was comin' from, it definitely wasn't from no damn trees," he clinched his jaw.

That made me mad. How dare he? "Oh really Odell? So I called you asking and begging for you to send me gifts and help me pay my bills right? Didn't I? Tell me you didn't volunteer those things and when I told you not to you sent the money anyway."

He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off, "Nah, wait," I held up my hand, "and then when I tried to pay you back and sent the money you gave me back once I got paid you would send it back to me," I stared him down with my arms folded across my chest, "Go ahead and say it Odell if it's true throw it in my face."

He sucked his teeth,"The fuck was I supposed to do when you were telling me how hard shit was for you and ya' mom? You was always calling me telling me about all that shit."

"I'm sorry I was confiding in my best friend, next time I go through some rough shit I'll be sure not to share it with anyone, so they can't blame me for the stupid decisions that they choose make," I picked my bag up of the ground and slung it over my shoulder.

"Me and mom ain't have shit eitha', I started this shit to help take care of us, then you was always talkin' bout how y'all didn't have nothing and damn it, I wasn't about ta' sit back and let you be living on the street," his eyebrows were pinched together. "When I got, you got."

"And just when do you plan on stopping Odell?"

He just looked at the ground before he spoke, "Every time I try and do right by somebody they fuck me over. I'on know why I thought you would be any different." He walked passed me.

"Odell!" I called as I followed after him, "Odell come back!" I reached him and grabbed his arm. "I'm not fucking you over Dell, I just want you to stop doing this. You have a whole future ahead of you. The NFL doesn't draft from niggas in jail, and they damn sure don't pick anybody in a coffin. Just stop it," I gripped his arm. "I'm not about to watch you throw your life away."

"So if I don't stop what you gonna do?"

"Odell-"

"Just tell me Dezzy," he shrugged.

"Like I said I'm not about to watch you throw your life away."

"I love you," he spoke softly and he sounded like the Odell that I knew and loved, but then I saw the shiny piece of metal sticking from his hip and I shook my head and pulled his hoodie down.

"You really not gonna say it back Desiree'," he looked down at me.

A long time ago me and Odell promised that the only time we wouldn't say I love you back when one of us said it would be if we didn't love each other anymore.

"I lo-"

"Nah, you don't have ta' say it now. You heard me the first time," he smirked, but his smile held no happiness.

"Well I got shit to do, so I guess you ca' go then," he looked passed me and adjusted the gun that was on his waist before covering it back up with his shirt. "Fuck you Desiree'."

I just stared up at him and he acted as if I wasn't there until he couldn't ignore me anymore, "Go'on na'," he nodded past me, "It's time fa' me ta' do my job."

I just turned away from him the frame of the Odell that I used to know.

~

It was safe to say that he hated me now . According to him I "fucked him over" and Odell was really set in his feelings about anything.

If he loved something no one could change that. If he didn't like something he'd never give it a chance.

I won't even lie, it hurt that our friendship was over. We'd talked to each other every single day for the past ten years and now we were nothing.

A/N: Please vote and comment xoxoxo

When We Were Youngजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें