Chapter Thirty

Two Years Later

Odell POV

"I've got a surprise for you baby," Helena smiled as she kissed my chest.

"What's up," I asked, running my hands down my face.

"I really hope that you like it. Come downstairs after you get dressed.

"Aight," I nodded as she headed out of the room.

Me and Helena were still together, why I don't fucking know.

I walked downstairs to see Helena smiling brightly. "You ready baby?" She asked happily before she opened the door to reveal none other than my fucking father.

You fucking kidding me.

"Hey son, how you been boy?!" He smiled.

The fuck is he smiling for?

"Son? Don't you dare come in my fuckin' house," I held my hand up to stop him. "Now yo sorry ass wanna be around. I don't need and I really don't want no dealins' wit' yo bum ass, cuz that's all you eva' been. You ain't neva' been shit, the least you coulda did was be a fatha' but you couldn't even do that. Fuck outta hea'." I yelled angrily.The last time I spoke to him I was begging him to be my father. The last time I saw this nigga I was ten years old.

He sucked his teeth, "You sound like that lil bitch that cussed me out on draft day when I was tryna come see y-"

"Who the fuck you callin' a bitch," I pushed him and held him against the door by his throat.

"Nobody," he laughed nervously. "You know who I'm talkin' 'bout?"

"Yeah I know who you talkin' 'bout get the fuck outta hea, and don't come tha' fuck back eitha' ole deadbeat ass," I shoved him as hard as I could before turning to Helena, "and who the fuck told you to tell this nigga where the fuck I live?!"

"He just DM'd me and told me he wanted to talk to you and I just thought tha-"

"You just thought that nothin', you don't know shit. Stop fuckin' thinking and stick to what you good at which ain't nothin' but suckin' dick!" I yelled at her she just stood there looking stupid as hell, as fucking usual. "Get yo hoe ass tha' fuck out my house- so damn aggravating. Fuck!" I yelled at her before slamming the door.

My personal life was... I don't know what the fuck it was.

I've never had more people around me in my entire life than now, and I can honestly say I have never felt more alone. It's a scary feeling. It was a feeling that I wasn't used to. There was always someone there that someone was always Desireè. That was beyond long gone.

That whole thing about people having no regrets about anything is bullshit. Everyone has regrets, some are just bigger than others, but everybody has them.

The biggest regret of my life was kicking her out of my life, again.

If this happened at any other point in time I would know exactly who to call. Desireè.

I sighed as I looked in the mirror, "Why the fuck am I so worthless?"

Honestly?

Really I want to know what part of myself drives me to do things that I know will hurt the person I love the most.

I got dressed and got in my car just to drive around. Where exactly I don't know, just to drive. I was just driving around when I saw a Books A Million.

I decided to do something that Dezzy would probably do at a time like this.  She'd find a good book to read. She was always reading. She said it let her get away from whatever problems she was facing when she could go into a whole other world with just words. She'd always wanted to be an author.

I pulled in the parking lot of the book store and just see what if they had anything that caught my attention.

"Hey welcome to Books A Million," a girl greeted me from behind the counter.

I walked through the the aisles aimlessly until I found myself in the inspirational/spirituality section of the store when one of the books caught my eye. (A/N: Cover for my made up book in the mm 😂)

A Journey To Success Through the Eyes of the Forgotten

I picked up the book and flipped it over when someone spoke to me, "That book is really something else," an older woman who worked there commented as she pointed to the book,"and I'm so excited that the author is coming here today. She's amazing," she smiled. "She's so inspirational, especially to be so young, you know. I can't wait to get my copy signed," she flashed her wrinkled paperback version of the exact same book.

"I'll definitely check it out," I smiled at her before looking back down at the book.

I flipped open the front cover and started to read the dedication.

"Never forget the forgotten, because when things change they may forget you."

-Thomas Oranthal Black

For my father. You will always be my world.

All of the feelings you've felt I guarantee I have felt them before. I may not have felt them with you, but I promise you I have felt them.

This book is dedicated to you. You, the one reading this. I see you. As you read this book you'll see me too.

Hello friend.

-D.E. Black

"She's here!" The woman smiled brightly and none other than Desireè Elise Black is walking through the doors.

A/N: I promise I wanted to make this longer but I'm sick as a damn dog right now (asthma is the devil don't believe the other hype 😂) Send one up for a real one will you please? Lol Please vote and comment 😘😘