Chapter Forty

A/N: Y'all deserve... Another one *DJ Khaled voice* ❤️

Odell POV

"Why do you hate me? Why?! Why would you do this to me? To her?!" She looked down at Zora in her arms before she dropped the crumpled paper on the ground and I picked it up and tried to look it over.

"I didn't-"

"Let her go Odell! She will not have her come up from you!" My mother called as she came down towards us. "That's not your b-"

"Shut up!" I turned to her, "shut up before she wakes up and hears you!" I turned back to Desireè who was already buckling Zora in her seat and getting in the car.

They can't leave my life again.

"Wait!" I grabbed her door right before she closed it.

"Just leave us alone, please. I'm begging you to just leave me and my baby alone. I can't do this. Why are you doing this?" She sounded so broken as the tears streamed down her face.

"No, I'm not doing that. I can't do that. I didn't open the results because they don't matter to me. Zora needs somebody to be there for her and whether she's biologically mine or not I wanna show her that love. I owe it to you, I owe it to her, just please don't go, not like this. Not again." I was literally begging her as I grabbed her hand and held it in mine and kneeled in front of her as she sat in the car. 

"Get off of me. You're a liar. You looked my dead and my face and lied to me, about my baby. She's the only thing that I have-" she sobbed and I pulled her out of the car and against my chest.

"You don't have to be like this, don't be like this, please. We were getting goo-"

"What are you doing Odell?!" My mom yelled, "I raised you to take responsibility for your actions not other people's it's not your fault she decided to be a loose little ho-"

"You're my mother and I love you and respect you, but I'm not about ta' let you disrespect ha' like that. She ain't loose and she ain't no hoe. You don't know what you talkin' bout, so just stop talkin'. I ain't ask you ta' go snoopin' through my stuff. Zora is my daughter and if you can't respect that and ha' motha' i'on know if I can have you around, because they will be." I stared my mother down.

"Daddy?" Zora spoke from the back seat rubbing her eyes.

"That's not yo-"

"Get the fu-"

"Hey baby, you have a good nap?" Dezzy moved away from me to get in the car.

"Wes, we get out now?" She asked hopefully.

"No, not now baby. I forgot I gotta give Uncle Chen something, let's go see him," she tried to close the door but I was standing there.

If I let her leave I'm never gonna see them again. I can't have that.

"I stay wit' daddy? Pwease?" She asked.

"You don't need to stay cuz Imma go wit you," I smiled as I got in the back seat next to her.

"Okay," she smiled and took my hand.

I rolled down the window and spoke to my mom, "Don't be here when I get back."

~

Desireé POV

"Where we go mommy?" Zee asked as I pulled away.

Where the fuck am I going? I don't fucking know. The person I wanted to get away from was sitting behind me in this damn car.

"Just let her drive, okay?" Odell spoke.

"Kay."  

I drove back to my house and got out of the car. I can't do this. I need a moment.

Father or not Zee is safe with Odell. I opened my door and went upstairs to my room and into my bathroom.

As soon as I closed the door I slid to the floor and broke the fuck down.

"Why can't I ever fucking win? Why the fuck couldn't I just get one fucking thing ? One!" I asked myself as I sobbed with my knees to my chest and thought about Derrick, "I hate him. I hate him so much. I just want to be happy. Why can't I be happy? Why is any piece of anything ripped away from me?! What did I do? I'm tired. I'm so tired," I cried and felt sobs wrack my body.

"Stop crying, don't cry," I felt  Odell sit down beside me before he pulled me close to him. "You're fine, you're gonna be fine. I'm hea' fa' ya' and our lil babyeh, just let me love her like we made her. I'm hea' you ain't gotta be tired no more just let me be hea'."

I was too tired to fight him. I nodded against his chest and he lifted my chin to look at him and wiped my face and grabbed a tissue to wipe my nose.

"I'm sorry," I sighed and moved away from him. I hate ugly crying.

"Don't apologize," he stroked my cheek, "you still beautiful," he smiled down at me. "I'm sorry for not opening the results and not being honest. I just thought about Zora and that letter and you-"

That's what was missing from my nightstand.

"That letter? You took Derrick's letter?! Is that why you were itching so bad to be Zora's father because you felt bad for us?!" I yelled and tried to pull away from him.

"Stop it Desireé," he commanded. "The only reason I knew about the letter is because Zora told me about you crying over a paper about Derrick, so yes I read it and I took it because I knew you would keep reading it over and over and over again. No I'm not doing this out of pity fa' you. I love you and I love that lil girl that's right outside this room waitin' fa us." He looked at me sternly.

"Okay," I nodded.

"I'm sorry," he looked at me through the mirror as he rubbed my back with my head on his chest. "Imma talk to my mom too."

I look like shit.

"We gon be good," he looked down at me as I turned to face him. "Just one thing though." He pressed my lips to mine in a soft kiss.

A/N: This book is about to end soon. Sequel/ Book 2 or no? Let me know please :-) Please vote and comment 😘😘