Chapter Forty one

A/N: This chapter is long as shit, again...

Real is responsibility.
Real is taking care of your mother fucking family.
Real is God, nigga.
-Real by Kendrick Lamar

Desireé POV

Odell pulled away from my lips before kissing my forehead and holding me close.

"Be okay mommy? Pwease?" Zee came busting in the bathroom.

"Yeah I'm okay," I sighed.

"Let's let mommy relax and get ready fa' bed. Don't you think she's tired," Odell asked.

"Mm hm," she nodded. "Wou sweep ova and hol' her wike she wour baby again?"

"Nah, I don't think she would like that. Maybe I'll hold you cuz you are my baby," he tickled her and carried her outside the bathroom leaving me by myself.

~

Odell POV

I took Zora to her room and we sat on the floor. I looked around and noticed something that I didn't see the first time. There was a picture of Zora on the wall and she was looking down at a book laughing.

"Who drew that picture of you," I asked.

"Mommy," she smiled.

I forgot Dezzy could draw.

She deserved so much more than she got. I mean even though now she was much better with this nice ass house and Derrick in jail and shit like that, but I don't know she just deserves to be treated better. She has so much to offer. She never did wrong by anybody.

My phone buzzed with a text and I looked down to see it was from my mother.

Odell that is not your child and as your mother it's my job to protect you from ppl trying take advantage of you and that's what she's doing. Why can't you see that?

I ignored it and locked my phone back.

"Daddy, what'chu tinkin' bout?" Zora asked she played in my hair.

"About how crazy I'm about to look when you done with my hair," I laughed.

"No, wou bout ta' be pwetty jus wait." She tugged at my hair.

I felt my phone vibrating again.

"Wour phone ringing," Zora picked it up. "Her pwetty," she held it to face me and it was my mother, "who dat?"

"That's my mom," I took the phone from her and hit ignore.

Then there was another text.

Call me now Junior.

She knows I hate being called junior.

I wanted to drop it from my name entirely, but my mother begged me not to. I don't know why the fuck she loves my father so much. He ain't never did shit or have a fuck about either one of us. He never did anything to make me proud to have his name.

"Das wour mommy, you should talk wit' ha'." Zora suggested.

"Nah, not now she not being nice about something that's real important to me."

"Oh, I see," she nodded. "Aw' done!" She turned my face towards the little vanity so I could see my hair.

She had my hair in two puffs and a random bow in the front.

"You think I look good?" I asked as I posed in the mirror which made Zora giggle.

"Wes, beaurtiful," she laughed and kissed my cheek.