Chapter Thirty seven

Odell POV

"You can stay for dinner," Dezzy offered.

"Okay," I smiled. "Where'd you get her name? It's different."

"Zora from Zora Neale Hurston, the famous author, and Assata after Assata Shakur the revolutionary activist, better known as Tupac's aunt," she laughed. (A/N: If y'all haven't read anything by Zora Hurston you should, she's most famous for Their Eyes Were Watching God, but all her works are great sorry back to the book)

"Raising black excellence. I like it, new nickname alert! I'm calling her Makaveli," I smiled.

"'Scuse me," Zora looked between the two of us before turning to Dezzy with her arms up, "Hold wou mommy."

Dezzy picked her up and Zora snuggled into her neck, "I'm sweepy." She let out a yawn.

"Come on, you can't sleep yet,"Dezzy put her down and her little eyes started welling up like she wanted to cry, "you gotta have a bath first. You got Frozen bubbles remember?"

"Oh yeah," she nodded and started smiling. "Wou stay for stowy time?" She asked me.

Can I?

"Uh..." 

"Yeah he's gonna eat while you take a bath then story time, okay?" Dezzy looked over at me.

"Okay," I nodded.

~

Desireé POV

"Wet it go! Wet it go!" Zee sang as she blew the bubbles out of her hands and splashed around the bath tub before I got her towel and pulled her out.

"Wet's dance mommy," she giggled at me through the mirror. She was always dancing. "I wan' dat song dat go wike: outta awl a' da giwls you my..."

"One and only girl ain't nobody in the world tonigghhht," I joined her and we sang together as we rocked together in the mirror.

I never thought, ever in my life, that I could love anyone or anything as much as I love my daughter. It was literally like having my heart walking around outside my body. I would do anything to make her happy and if anything ever happened to her I don't know what I would do.

To say I was overprotective could be considered an understatement. The only people I've ever left Zee alone with is Chen and if you want to get technical Odell.

Is Odell an asshole? Yes. Would he ever harm my daughter? No. That's hard to say about a lot of people these days.

"Wou fi's yo make up jus' so," she turned around to face me and rub my cheek.

"Guess you don't know that your beautiful," I smiled before kissing her.

"Twy on e'rey dwess dat you own."

"You were fine in my eyes a half hour ago."

"If wour miwwor won't make it any cwearer I'll be da one to let wou knooowww..."

"Out of all of the girls you're my one and only girl!" We sang to each other, "Ain't nobody in the world toniiigghhht," Zora wagged her finger before we both started laughing and she hugged me.

"Wove you so much mommy," she pulled me to her and kissed my cheek. Music to my ears. 

"I love you too baby, more than anything in the whole wide world," I smiled as I lifted her from the bathroom sink and headed to her room to put on her pajamas.

Once she was dressed she ran down the stairs to go get Odell for "story time."

I followed behind her and watched the two of them.