Epilogue Part One

A/N: This epilogue will have two parts and then that will officially end When We Were Young

Zora POV

"How ya mama doing?" My dad asked as he sat across from me looking over his menu.

First question every time he sees me after giving me a hug and kiss, unless she's there.

We were on our weekly daddy- daughter date. We have one, then he takes my mom out alone, then we go out as a family.

"You didn't talk to her today," I asked.

"Yeah, I did, but that was earlier. She said she was tired, she okay?" He looked at me over the menu.

"Yeah, she's okay," I nodded.

I don't know how I would describe my mom and dad's relationship. I'm seventeen and I've never known them to ever have been a couple.

Growing up I would just go back and forth between them evenly, of course with us spending time together as a family and whatnot, but there was never any "mommy and daddy." And yet they never were with other people. I think my mom tried dating this one guy, but dad shut that down with the quickness. 😂They obviously love each other a lot and the kid in me always wanted them to one day be together, but the logical, grown up part of me says they must have their reasons.

"Why aren't you and mom together?" I asked.

"We don't need to be." He looked over the menu again before closing it and looking up at me, "You know what you want?"

"Really dad? That's it? 'We don't need to be'," I straight faced him before laughing.

"She's the one that got away. I would do anything in the world for her, but she just better without me. I love her though and she gon always be my baby."

"So she just doesn't feel the same as you? Or...?"

"Nah, I wouldn't even say that," he shook his head, "It's just... Ya mama went through a lotta hurt cuz of me, and it took me a real long time to man up and I missed out on the chance to make her mine. I'll always regret that." He sighed.

Awww look at dad getting all in his little romantic feelings.

"What about now though?"

"Now, it's just different. Why you asking all this anyway?" He questioned.

Why was I asking?

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I guess I'm just wondering why even though I've never seen you two together why I want somebody to care about me the way you care about mom."

"You got a boyfriend?" He asked accusingly.

"No dad," I laughed.

"You a virgin?"

I gasped, "Yes! Oh my gosh!"

He looked at me like he didn't believe me, "Imma ask ya' mama, since you be telling her shit you don't tell me."

😳What has she told him?

"What did she tell you?"

"Don't worry about it? Just know that I know everything that's going on," he made the 'I got my eyes on you' gesture.

"So where you guys going tomorrow?" I asked before looking down at my phone to see my mother had text me.

Mommy💋❤️😇: Bring me back something

Me: What do you want?

Mommy😇❤️💋: Surprise me but don't disappoint me 😁love you

Me: 😩😩 love you too mom