Chapter Seventeen

'Two in the morning my mind is on you
Four in the morning it still hasn't moved..'

-Drake, Change Locations

Desireé POV

After pulling myself together I went about my nightly routine, but I kept thinking about that damn letter.

I got up from my bed and sat at my table with Odell's letter in my hand staring at his phone number. 

It hurt me to hurt you.

They would kill my mom.

What's wrong with closure? Not a damn thing.

I picked up my phone and typed his number before hitting call.

The phone rang, and rang, just when I was about to hang up I heard his voice through the phone.

"Hello?"

I was quiet for a second until he spoke again, "Hello?"

"Hey," I cleared my throat, "it's Desireé, um I got your letter, and uh I read it. And I was thinking maybe you could come over before you leave and we could... Talk?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, really." I looked at the clock and saw that it was three in  the morning. "Shit, it's really late, sorry I didn't look at the time."

"It's okay, I'm just glad that you called. I could come now," he offered.

Now?

"It's really late, when are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"Oh, well then I guess you could come now, you know, if you're out or something." Really Desireé? If you're out?

"Yeah, I'm on the way now."

"Okay. Well I'll see y-"

"Dezzy?"

"Yeah Dell." I hadn't called him that in years. It just slipped out.

"Thank you for calling," his voice sounded so relieved, and even a little happy.

"Yeah, maybe it'll be good for us... Well I'll see you when you get here." I hung up the phone as quickly as I could.

Now, we wait.

~
I never thought Dezzy would ever call me, but when I heard her voice over the phone I was so fucking happy, but then I got nervous as shit the closer I got to her apartment.

Literally the last time we spoke other than the other night was our freshman year when I said all those horrible things to her.

She said she read the letter, but I really needed for her to understand.

I got to her apartment and rang her bell.

"Odell?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Use the key in the slot, and I'm on the fourth floor."

"Okay."

I got the key and  headed up the stairs.

Once I got to her apartment I knocked and it took her a long time to open the door, but finally she did. "Hi, come in," she moved out of the way for me to come in.

"Hey, thanks for letting me come." I looked down at her as we stood in the doorway.

"Yeah," she nodded and I followed her to the living room before she sat down facing me on the couch.