Chapter Twenty four

A/N: Odell's facial expressions when he's in the shower 😂

Desireè POV

I slammed the door and locked it to see Odell in all his naked glory walking towards me rubbing his eyes.

"Go get dressed! It's your mother."

"Oh shit!" 

"Oh my god she's gonna know what we did-" I whispered to myself as Odell slipped on his pants as the bell rang.

"Was that my Desireé I saw in there?!" The smile was apparent in her voice.

"Just be cool," Odell spoke before  before opening the door, "Hey ma," he smiled a cheesy smile. He's a terrible actor.

"Oh, get out my way," she shoved him playfully, "My sweet Dezzy Lou how have you been sweetie," she squeezed me tightly.

"I've been good Ms. Heather," I hugged her back awkwardly.

"Well where ha-" she cut herself off and sniffed the air, "what is that smell?"

Fucking. You smell fucking.

"Odell!" He looked up at her with a guilty expression, "Yeah ma?"

"How many times do I have to tell you to wash this damn dog," she scrunched her nose as she rubbed Tzar's head.

Our eyes met and we both let out a breath.

"Right," I laughed, "I told him that last night and he was just about to go do that."

"Yeah," he nodded as we headed into the living room. 

"And what is this?" She held up his shirt and boxers as she walked through the living room, "I leave you alone for a few days and this is what you do? Dog not washed, house a mess- is there even any food in here?" She walked into the kitchen and we followed her.

Oh my god, a gray pair of panties, my gray pair of panties more specifically are sitting on the island.

I quickly grabbed them and shoved them in Odell's pocket because I didn't have any.

The last thing I need is fucking Tzar chewing up my draws with Odell's mother sweeping up the pieces. No. Just no. I will sit back and wait patiently for my hoeness to get deleted.

"So how did you two get back with each other?" She looked between the two of us still smiling.

"I work at the hotel you guys stayed at during the draft and we caught back up since then," I forced a smile.

"Yeah, closer than ever," he wrapped his arm around me.

"Weren't you about to bathe the dog," I suggested as I stepped away from him.

"Yeah, go do something. Girl talk time," she shooed him away from us.

"Aight imma go shower." He looked me over before heading out of the kitchen which just left me with Ms. Heather.

"So how did you two catch back up, so nice?" She smiled at me.

"Like I said we just started hanging out after we ran into each other at the hotel."

"I'm so happy, you were such a good girl. What happened to y'all anyway?"

A lot of shit.

"We got into a really bad fight, but we decided to get over it, you know? I think it's good for us, I've missed him," I admitted.

"You know he's missed you all this time too. He's been lonely, he knows plenty of people, I'd even say he'd call some of them friends, but he never really lets anyone in fully. Except for you. He needs you, and he loves you. You're the only one that gets him, actually you're the only one he lets get him," she smiled at me before giving me a hug.