Chapter Twelve

Desiree' POV

"What's up... Nah, I'm with Dez right now... I'on know... Yeah, I'll call you when I'm done... Bye." With that he hung up the phone and looked down at me. "I'm sorry Dezzy, I didn't mean to do that, really."

Oh ok. "Right," I cleared my throat and stepped from between him and the counter, "me either. Um... Maybe you should go."

I thought about Stephanie and she was literally the exact opposite of me. She was tall, skinny, and probably the most obvious difference, she was white. In fact, all of the girls that Odell dealt with were white. See, not quite fitting the m.o.

He looked me over before speaking again, "Yeah. I'll do that," he made his way to the door. "Imma see you later though. Love you Dez."

"Love you too Dell." And with that he closed the door behind him.

~

Odell POV

The Next Day

It was after practice and if been waiting on Derrick to get to his car.

He approached me with his a cocky smile on his face.

"What's up?!" He laughed , "I see you lookin' all sad. She musta' tol' you what's up."

This nigga was just pissing me off .

"Touch ha' again and I'll fucking kill you," I promised as I punched Derrick dead in the face.

"Fuck you nigga! You just mad cuz she won't fuck witcho' broke ass." He spat out some blood and shoved me and I hit him again.

"That's aight," he nodded, "keep goin' if ya' want you diggin' ya own grave, cuz you done fucked wit' tha' wrong one na'."

~

That Night

I stood on the corner like I usually did late at night, selling fucking narcotics.

My life was the definition of late nights and early mornings. Half the time I wouldn't get back to my dorm until three or four and then wake up a couple hours later and go to class, then practice. This was shit and I hated it.

A car rolled up and who's in it? None other than Lenny. Lenny is by no means a power player in the drug game but he knows a lot of people who are and have had niggas killed for just pissing him off.

Please don't let it be no shit tonight.

But who do I see peek some crusty ass dreads from the passenger seat? Fucking Derrick, with his busted ass lip. What the fuck is he doing here?

The two of them hopped out of the car and looked both ways before approaching me.

"Ayo!"

"What's up," I nodded towards Lenny and ignored Derrick.

"Nothing man, just been outchea' ya' know makin' sho' shit runnin' smooth," he wiped his nose as he sniffed a little bit.

I guess this nigga ain't never watched New Jack City. Don't get high off your own supply. Dumbass.

"I know you see I got my lil cuz wit' me. Ya' know let tin' him know how shit go."

I nodded, "Well everything is straight ova' hea', so I guess y'all ca' go head on."

"Nah, see i'on think you unda'stand, D tol' me you was gettinn' a lil testy ova' one a his lil breezies today, and i'on take to kindly to people disrespecting my family," he pulled the gun from his waist and placed it against the side of my head.

"The fuck you Gon do wit' that," I asked defiantly. Lenny was a bitch and always had people doing shit for him, he never did anything himself, so he wasn't about to kill me.

"Nothin' yet, but some people not far from yo mama house that could be doing the same shit, so this how we Gon do this okay? You gon leave my boy D alone 'bout what the fuck he do, and you gon let a hoe be a hoe, and if I hea' about you and ol' girl be mixin' and mingling I might have ta' pop ya mama fa' that too. I can't pop ha' cuz D say he gotta real good feelin' about this one, say she might be tha' one. So, if anybody got a prol'em wit' it they ca' just go'on head and get in a bag," he looked me up and down, "We clea'?"

I thought about my mom and how I ain't want her having no parts in this.

"Yeah," I nodded my head.

"Aight cool," he smiled and he and Derrick turned to get back in the car and drove off. 

~
Desiree' POV

"Hey babyeh, how yo' fine ass been?" Derrick came up beside me and matched his pace to mine as I walked the campus to my next class.

"Please leave me alone Derrick," I stared straight ahead as I kept walking.

"Nah, I can't do that. That pussy is just too good," he licked his lips.

"I didn't want to do those things Derrick," I put my hands in my pocket.

"Well you was damn good at all the shit that you was doin' so I want you ta' be my girl."

"No," I shook my head.

"I ain't ask you. Whateva' I fuck on its mine till I say I'm done, and I ain't say I'm done wit' you, so you my fuckin' girl. So when I see you act like it," he grabbed my arm and yanked me to face him before he grabbed my face and gave me a kiss.

I felt sick. "Derrick you're hurting me," I whimpered as he squeezed my arm.

"I'm sorry babyeh," he loosened his hold, "I just want ya to know that ya' mine and nobody else's. I'on wanna hurt you, but ya gotta know that, okay?" He squeezed my side as tight as he could as he stroked my cheek.

"Okay," I nodded.

"Good," he kissed me again.

If I didn't agree I didn't know what he would do to me.

~

I went to Odell's dorm that night and knocked on his door, his roommate, Jarvis answered the door.

"Hey Dez, you looking for Odell?" He asked smiling.

"Yeah, is he here?"

"He went to go get something from the vending machine, he'll be right back. You ca' chill here till he comes, or you can go down there."

"Okay, I'll go see if I see him, thanks," I waved.

"No problem."

Once I got the the vending machines I saw Odell standing in front of it waiting for his snacks to drop.

"Odell-"

"What do you want?" He snapped as he turned to face me.

"I just wanted to come and talk to you, we haven't talked these past couple of days and I know the whole kiss thing was weird, bu-"

"Just shut up okay Desiree'. I already said the shit was a accident, so drop it. I got a girl anyway," he turned back to the machine and kicked it. "Piece a' shit took my fuckin' money."

"I know, that's not why I came here. I came here becau-"

"Look you'on get it do you? I aint been talkin' ta' you because I don't want to talk ta' you. We ain't friends, so go 'head on somewhea' witcho' hoe ass," he stared at me coldly.

I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"The fuck you standin' Thea' looking so stupid fa? Unless you plan on suckin' my dick, go on."

I felt the tears streaming down my face as I walked away from the only person that I thought ever cared about me. I guess I thought wrong.

A/N: Awww man 😕 Lmao please vote and comment xoxoxo