Chapter Twenty two

Odell POV

"Wake up Pudge," I kissed Dezzy's cheek as she was curled up on the bed around a pillow that I gave her as my replacement. I left early to go train and it was now 1:30 and she was still sleeping. "Come on it's almost two o'clock and I got food."

She detached herself from the pillow and stretched out before looking over at me with squinted eyes, "Did you just call me Pudge?"

"Yes, you know that's your nickname," I smiled and handed her the Five Guys bag.

I started calling Dezzy Pudge after we sent our first school pictures to each other and she was pudgy. She just looked like a cute little teddy bear or something, all soft and shit. It was just cute to me then, and even now.

She hated it at first, but eventually she accepted the fact that I wasn't making fun of her. I only called her Pudge when I wanted to get her attention, or she was just being too cute for her own damn good. 

"I hate you," she mumbled before a smile took over her face and she opened her bag of food. "Thank you though."

"You welcome, you sleep good?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "Thanks Dellie, you know, for staying."

"The last time I slept that good was the last time I slept with you," I traced her knee as I spoke again, "what you doin later?"

"Chen asked me if I wanted to go to the movies last night, so I might do that later... But other than that nothing." She took a bite of her burger, "This is sooo good! Uh, uh, uh," she started shimmying her shoulders and moving side to side.

She was always dancing over some food.

"You pay fa' ya own stuff when y'all go out?" I asked as I sat next to her and stole a fry.

"Sometimes," she shrugged. "Why you always asking about Chen?"

"Cuz I don't trust that nigga. Ole lil dick havin' ass nigga," I sucked my teeth which made Dezzy laugh.

"Stop being racist, you're saying that because he's Asian," she shook her head.

"Whatever, you probably know it's true that's why you laughin."

"No I'm laughing because you're ridiculous. I've seen Chen's penis as many times as I've seen yours which is how many? Oh yeah, zero," she held her hand up in a 'O' as she laughed. "For all I know y'all could be the same size," she shrugged all nonchalant before she saw me straight facing her.

"Don't try me."

"Ok if I'm following stereotype protocol," she put on a fake thinking face, "you're black so I'm just supposed to assume you're packing some Mandingo level eggplant right?"

"Exactly," I laughed.

"Then be disappointed as shit when it's game time," she laughed at the look on my face.

"You coulda been known by now, but you been playing as long as we've known each other."

"No need," she shook her head as she sipped her drink before talking, "I could just ask the thots of the local tri-state area. I'm sure they could tell me all that I don't need to know," she patted my shoulder.

I have never been taken as more of a joke by anyone more than Dezzy. I swear. She shut me down at every turn like she ain't want me.

"Why you always doing that?"

"What?"

"Acting like you wouldn't be with me."

"Would I just have sex with you? No. Would I date you? Yeah, it's a no for me dog."