Chapter Eleven

A/N:  It won't let me put it in the mm and idk if it will hyperlink in the comments, but...How Odell blew out the candle LMAO 💀 : https://instagram.com/p/BAk0ApMS2AH/

Desireé POV

Odell and I pulled away from each other after a while and I sat down on the tiny love seat.

Odell joined me and put my legs over his.

"You okay," he asked as he ran his hands up and down my legs.

"Better now," I spoke honestly.

"Good," he smiled and looked I just looked back down.

There was a silence that fell over us until Odell spoke again.

"Look I'm about to show you something I know you never seen before," He took one of the candles that was on the stand next to the love seat and held it.

"What are about to do with that candle Dell," I laughed.

"Imma blow it out," he smirked.

"Okay, I've seen a candle blown out before. I even did it myself a few times," I laughed.

"Just watch," he took the candle and held it up to his mouth and then started flicking his tongue over it super fast and then the flame was out and I busted out laughing. What the fuck?

"Odell!" I had to catch my breath from laughing and he joined with me, "What the fuck? How did you even do that?" I clutched my side, then shook my head, "You know what, don't answer that."

"Maybe one day you'll feel it," he winked.

"Riiiigghhht," I laughed. "I'll let you save your tricks for your groupies."

"I'll get rid of all of 'em fa' you if you quit playin'," he looked over at me.

"Yeah, okay Odell," I nodded and patted his chest before getting off the couch.

I really didn't take anything Odell said seriously, not in regards to us being together anyway. It was just jokes, that's why it was so funny to me when I'd see him with other girls and he had them eating from the palm of his hand.
I swear this man could charm the dead back life. It was comical.

He followed me to the tiny kitchen and took some vegetables out of the freezer and turned around and pressed the bag to the bruised side of my face. 

"If I don't make sure you stay pretty who will? Cuz you damn sure don't," he kissed my cheek.

This is the stuff I'm talking about.

"I try... Sometimes," I shrugged.

"Dezzy, tell me something. I'm being for real," he looked down at me.

"Okay."

"If I didn't come here, would you have ever talked to me and told me what happened?"

I looked down, "Probably not."

"Okay Desireé," he sucked his teeth.

"Why are you getting mad? You asked me. What did you want me to do? Lie?"

"Whatever, okay so you'd rather let Derrick rape you, cuz that's what the fuck he did, than stay friends with me because I sell drugs to keep the roof over me and my mother's head," he nodded his head and clinched his jaw.

"It's not that. I thought you hated me," I looked up at him and he looked pissed with his jaw clinched as he stared passed me at the cabinet. He put the bag of vegetables on the counter.

He licked his lips and looked down at me before speaking again, "Desireé, listen to me, okay?"

I nodded.

"I don't care how mad I am at you, or how hurt I am by you , I never, ever in life, want anything bad to ever happen to you, and when something does I don't want you to feel like you can't tell me. We tell each other everything. So we had a fight," he shrugged, "friends fight sometimes, but I'll always love you."

"Love you too Dellie," I squeezed his hand that was now over my cheek.

"I want you to know that I don't do what I do because I want to, and as soon as I can Imma stop. Is that good enough for you to be back cool with me?"

I did not support this at all, but I missed Odell more than the world. "Yeah," I nodded.

"Good," he smiled. "Now you know what we gotta do to make this official," he gave me a knowing look as he leaned closer to me.

Rules of our friendship (since forever)

    1) Any and all secrets stay between us
    2) Always say I love you unless you no longer feel the love
    3) All is forgiven with an 'I love you' and a kiss

Odell came up with the last one of course, but to his credit we really did follow it, and all the others.

When we were younger we'd actually kiss the phone after a fight.

"I love you," I smiled.

"I love you Desireé," he spoke before leaning down and turning my face towards him and closing the space between us.

"What ar-"

"Shhh." He didn't take his eyes away from my lips before he covered them with his own. 

The first time his lips lightly brushed over mine, then he pecked them more firmly. His lips were softer than soft and his breath smelled like winter fresh.

Then he pecked my lips one more time before flicking his tongue over my bottom lip which made me open my mouth and our tongues swirled together.

I was surprised at the fact that I wanted him to keep going. Before I'd  linked my hands behind the back of his neck and was running my fingers through the short hair that he'd started growing out.

After a while I pulled away and he kissed my cheek.

Before either one of us could say anything his phone started ringing and he pulled it from his pocket.

The screen lit up with someone I know I'd forgotten the last five minutes, Odell's girlfriend.

A/N: Please vote and comment :D