Chapter Thirty three

One Week after Odell Kicked Desireé Out

Desireè POV

I'd finally decided to do what I'd always wanted to do, become an author.

I needed closure, so I could start fresh and exercise my potential to be happy.

First stop, my mother's house.

I made my way to my mother's house I hadn't talked to her since I left for college.

Whew it's okay, you got this. I thought to myself as I knocked on her door.

"Who in the damn hell is at my door?! It better be my pizza!" She yelled as she snatched the door open. "Aw shit, it's you," she sighed as she looked me up and down. "Look ain't no room for you to be coming back in here, so wherever the fuck you been stay there."

"I didn't come here for you, I came here for me. I came here to tell you that I forgive you. I forgive for all those times you blamed me for what happened to die. I forgive you for all those times you beat the hell out of me for no reason. I forgive you for all of the terrible things that you called me and how ugly you made me feel. I just forgive you. And I want you to know that I'm forgiving you so that I can grow and become the person that I want to be and that I know I can be which is something great." I looked over at her as she stood across from me, looking surprised.

"Well," she cleared her throat and nodded, "that's good you finally standing up about something cuz I ain't raise no weak bitch. I was building character that's all and you know that."

"Is that what you were doing? Because it actually hurt me for a really long time."

"I-I don't know what I was doing, okay? I'm sorry," she wiped her eyes, "I'm sorry for the way I treated you. I was looking for somebody to blame and you were the closest thing to me. I'm sorry you wer- you are my daughter and I should have been there for you and showed you double the love and affection after he was gone, but I didn't and I know I can't go back and change it, but if I could I would. I'm sorry Desireè, but thank you for forgiving me. You're so much like that man it's not even funny. He had such a huge heart, probably too big for his own good, but I'm glad you took after him behind that because you're a good girl and you'll do great things."

I couldn't help but smile a little, "Thank you mom. Can we maybe... hug?"

She didn't say anything she just wrapped her arms around me as she wept on my shoulder.

Eventually we pulled away and wiped each other's cheeks. "I want you to go out there and I want you to be something, okay?"

"Okay," I nodded. "I'm gonna go now, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded, "and I'm sorry, so sorry. If you ever need anything you can always come home."

"Thank you," I smiled before turning to head back out of the building.

I wasn't expecting for that to go nearly as well as it did.

My phone rang in my pocket as I walked down the street.

"Hello?"

"Desireè."

"Yes Derrick," I sighed.

"Look, i'on want nothin' from you I just wanna look you in ya' eyes and apologize."

"And how exactly will you do that?"

"I'm at the Westin on 43rd can you come by. No slick shit," he swore.

"Ok, I'll meet you in the lobby," I conceited. My mother was a success why not shoot for two?