Chapter Forty two

A/N: The shorter the chapter the more dangerous it is... 😏 This one ain't too long... 😊

Odell POV

"Daddy,"Zora whispered in my ear as I pulled her on my lap, "why aw' dese people here wooking at us? You famous?"

"Yeah, kinda," I nodded as I took the mic from one of the tech guys. "Thanks."

"I stay wit'chu?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah princess, you gon stay right here. Just stay quiet for me, okay?" She nodded and I kissed her cheek as I turned to face the press.

Honestly I forgot that I had to do this today when told Dezzy I'd take Zora with me, but I ain't wanna renigg on her so I guess Zora is the special guest for media day. Surprise.

"We starting now?" I asked looking at the people.

I honestly expected Zora to be acting like her usual talkative, all over the place self, but she was the complete opposite now. Dezzy said she was shy and quiet, I just never saw it until now. A guess a room full of strangers will do that to you.

We had been going on for a while when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked down to see it was Zora.

"I'm scawed," she whispered as she clung to me.

"What's wrong?" I moved the mic away from us.

"Dat wady keep stawin' at me mean." She looked to the side and I followed her gaze for my eyes to land on- is that... Stephanie? I literally hadn't seen her in years.

Was that it? Nah, I look next to her and who do I see? My fucking mom. What the fuck are they doing together? Cuz something tells me that this is ain't just a damn coincidence for them to be side by side.

"Don't worry, she won't hurt you. I got you, okay?" I wrapped my arm around her even tighter than before and kissed her hair as I looked over at them.

"Pwomise?" She held me tighter.

"Promise."

I turned my attention back to the press before grabbing the mic again. Let's get this shit over with. 

"I'm sorry, what was the question?"

The woman cleared her throat before speaking, "I said, do you think that your daughter will follow in your footsteps and be an athlete?"

"What you think Mack?" I asked down at her, chuckling. "You gon play a sport?"

She smiled up at me and shook her head no.

"Nah, we gon let her get her ABC's first," I leaned down to kiss her cheek.

After that I was finally finished and I needed to get the fuck out of here.

~

Heather POV

Odell can't see how much responsibility, time, energy, and effort go into raising a child.

I don't have any ill will towards my son, or Desireé, and certainly not that baby. I want what's best for them too, which is to go about their way.

So when his ex-girlfriend, contacted me with some vital information it was about to be a win-win situation.

~
Desireé POV

I headed to Odell's house from a meeting with my publishing company so I could get Zee. He'd given me a key in case I got there before him.

I got out and went inside the house to wait for them to get back. I had never been apart from Zora for this long and even though I knew she was safe I was still worried and missed her.

I was in the kitchen "accidentally" dropping Tzar some snacks when the bell rang.

Why Odell ring the bell? It's his house.

I figured maybe he's just being lazy so I got up with Tzar following me to answer the door.

I opened it and no one was there, or at least I thought, until I looked down to see a little boy who looked about four.

"Hi, are you selling cookies?" I asked even though he had nothing in his hands.

He shook his head.

"Are you lost?" I stooped down to his level.

"No," he shook his head, "this is my father's house."

Excuse me what?

"Is he home? Can I come in? Mommy and grandma said I can meet him today," he smiled at me hopefully.

"Where are th-"

"We're right here," Heather and some white girl came walking towards the front door.

"What is going on?" I asked looking between the two of them and the little boy.

"I don't understand why my son has such a burning desire to take care of your child when he hasn't even taken care of his own," Heather rubbed the little boy's shoulders, "Meet my grandson Omari."

A/N: Please vote and comment 😘😘😘