Chapter One: This Life I Live

"Ms. Michael's, the principal wants to see you", the old crabby math teacher said from the front of the class.

All eyes turned to me and I smirked. "Of course he wants to see me", I said and stood up. Then I walked to the front of the room and out of the classroom.

I think I know what this is about. Maybe it's because I set the trashcan on fire. Or maybe because I dumped my lunch on the stupid quarterback.

The list is endless. I slid my hands along the walls of the school as I made my way to Mr. Parkins office.

When I could see the door come into view, I smirked, thinking of ways to annoy him. That was my talent. Annoying people, pissing them off and making them uncomfortable.

Sometimes I would flirt with people, and they would either get flustered or uncomfortable. Either way I win. It even works on teachers.

I barged straight into his office, ignoring the parent that was sitting across from him. "Honey, I'm home!", I announced. The woman looked at me strangely.

Mr. Parkins eyes flashed with that of annoyance, which made my smirk grow wider. "Alex, wait outside. And stop yelling", he said.

"Sorry no can do Mr. P, if you make me go outside, I'm not coming back", I said and shrugged innocently. I saw his jaw clench.

"I apologize Mrs. Trejo, can we reschedule this?", he asked. She waved him off. "Of course, don't worry about it, I actually have a doctor's appointment in half an hour", she said.

"Okay then. Thanks for coming and I apologize about this", Mr. Parkins said. The woman chuckled and bid him farewell, then left.

Once I heard the click of the door, I smirked at Mr. Parkins. "Did I interrupt something?", I teased. Mr. Parkins sighed.

"Alex, sit down and stop acting childish.", he ordered. I rose my hands in surrender. "Okay I'll sit down. And I'm not the one acting childish, its you who has a little crush", I said and plopped down across from him.

He sighed and folded his hands on his desk. "Why did you do it?", he asked. I shrugged, the smirk on my face never faltering.

"Do what?", I asked, playing dumb. I could feel the annoyance radiating off of him, and that only encouraged me even more.

"You know exactly what you did", he said, trying to keep his cool. I shrugged again. I was telling half the truth, I know the things I've done, I just don't know which one he's talking about this time.

"Enlighten me. What did I do this time?", I asked. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine. I want to know why you set the trashcan on fire", he said.

"Ooh that!", I exclaimed, understanding him. He rose a suspicious eyebrow. "What else did you do?", he asked.

"What makes you think I did anything?", I asked sweetly. He gritted his teeth. "I know you've been up to no good. Now answer my question".

"Okay. What was the question again?", I asked. He clenched his jaw. "Why did you set the trashcan on fire?", he asked slowly.

I shrugged. "I was bored. Saw a lighter looked around and boom! We had fire!", I said. This seemed to annoy him to an extreme.

"You can't just go around setting things on fire! Especially not in school!", he said. His face was turning red from anger.

"Okay, well I'll remember that later. Are we done yet?", I asked, my tone bored. "No we are not done! There will be consequences!", he said.