Chapter 22: At Your Worst

Alex's P.O.V:

  (Lunch Time)

  I walked down the hallways, heading towards the cafeteria to meet Tony.

  This whole day I had walked into random classes, disrupting them.

  "Alex, follow me", a voice said, and suddenly I felt my arm being grabbed and pulled somewhere.

  I tore my arm from Chase's grip.

  "Get off me", I growled.

  "I think you're gonna want to see this", he said, looking serious.

  "I think I don't give a shit", I snapped, turning to walk away.

  "It's important", he pleaded.

  "That's nice, no one cares", I muttered, walking away.

  "It's about your freak boyfriend", Chase sighed.

  I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him.

  "Don't call him that. What about Tony?", I asked.

  "Just follow me", he said.

  I ran a hand through my hair and reluctantly followed him. As much as I hate Chase, if this had anything to do with Tony, then I'd do it for him.

He led me to the gym and we walked inside. I looked around and glared at Chase when I saw nothing.

  "Really? You fucking dragged me here for nothing?", I clenched my jaw, annoyed.

  "No, he should be here any second now", Chase said, looking around.

I heard the sound of the door being pushed open and before I knew it, I was pinned against the wall.

  Chase's lips hungrily found mine and he kissed me hardly.

  I almost threw up then and there.

  I couldn't really speak with my mouth being attacked by this fucking asshole, so I put my hands on his chest, and tried to push him away.

That didn't work, so I grabbed his hair, trying to pull him off of me.

  "Stop", I growled against his disgusting lips.

  "Come on, babe", Chase said. There was a hint of smugness and mischief in his voice.

  I pulled away from him, although I was still pinned against the wall.

  I opened my mouth to basically explode at him when I saw someone out of the corner of my eyes.

  Tony was standing there with the most heartbroken look on his face.

I paled, knowing how bad this must've looked to him.

  Seeing him look at me like that killed me.

  "Tony..", I said, not knowing how he would react. Does he know that I wouldn't do this to him?

  He shook his head and a tear slipped down his perfect, heartbroken face.

  "Wait! Tony!", I begged, trying to free myself from Chase's grip.

  "No", he said, his voice broken.

  He quickly turned and rushed out of the gym.

  I looked back at Chase furiously. My fury only rose when I saw a smug smirk on his face.

  I pushed him off of me roughly, so hard that he fell backwards.

  "You son of a bitch!", I growled, kicking his side.

  He winced and covered his ribs.

  "I'm going to kill you!", I said, going to kick him again.

  But something willed me to stop. Something told me it wasn't worth it.

  I glared at him.

  "I'd watch out if I were you. Karmas a bitch", I growled and ran out, chasing after Tony.

  I looked everywhere. I checked the computer lab, the locker rooms, the classrooms, the field, and even the boy's restroom.

  But I found no sign of him.

  "Fuck. Where are you?", I thought to myself, running a hand through my hair.

  Something seemed to click in my mind and I found myself rushing out of the school doors, running towards his house like there was no tomorrow.

Because without him, there wasn't.

  By the time I reached his house, I was completely out of breath. My sides ached and my lungs burned but I didn't care.

  I went to knock on the door, but knew he wouldn't answer me if I did.

  So I did the next best thing; I picked the lock with a couple Bobby pins I had with me.

  I quickly and quietly rushed up the stairs to his room.

  My heart broke as I could hear his sobs coming from behind the door.

I almost cried just by hearing them.

  I picked his lock and slowly turned the knob, ready to embrace him and tell him the truth.

  To comfort him and let him know that I'd never break his heart like that.

  But I certainly wasn't ready for what I saw on the other side of his door.

  I saw Tony at his worst.

  He was sitting against the wall, crying his eyes out and holding a blade to his arm.

  He would drag it so violently across his perfect skin.

  I was at a loss for words as I stared at the broken boy before me.

What do I do now?