Chapter Three: Not Everything Can Be Fixed

I stayed in my room for the rest of the night and tried to drown out the thoughts of my mother with anything.

   I tried blasting my music but my mother had been a fan of bands and it reminded me of her.

  I tried drawing but I inherited my artistic side from my mother so that was out.

  I even tried homework, but it would remind me of times when my mother nagged me about school.

  I wanted her back. I wanted my old life back. I wanted the days when I made friends and obsessed over stupid things.

   I missed going places with my mother and painting together. I missed when she embarrassed me in front of my friends.

  Now I don't have friends. Two years. Two lonely, sad years. Empty years. Wasted on wallowing in self pity and rage.

   I hated the way I was living now. And I hate how Sarah thinks she can barge into our lives and replace my mother.

  Well she can't. No one can.

                     *-*-*-*-*

   During class, I got bored and my thoughts were all over the place. So I walked out in attempt to calm myself.

  I was walking down the empty hallways when I heard a sound. It sounded like pleading.

   "P-please! Don't hurt me!", they begged. That voice sounded familiar. I just couldn't remember.

  I walked towards the sound cause everyone knows I had nothing better to do.

  I was a little surprised to see Chase slamming Tony against a locker.

   "What's this?", I asked. Chase was one of the few people who aren't scared of me. We're not friends and we rarely talk, but we're not strangers.

   He says all 'rebels' have a silent understanding towards each other.

  I say that's bullshit.

  Chase snapped his head towards me and a look of relief flashed through his eyes. Tony looked at me and quickly looked away.

  "It's just you", he muttered. I walked closer and watched him amusedly.

  "Were you scared?", I mused. His grip tightened on Tony and he winced.

   It was then when I realized what was going on.

  I had never been a fan of teasing or bullying. It had happened to me a while ago in grade school and its something I never bring up.

  Even though I was feared, it wasn't because I was some big bully. It was partially because of my attitude.

  I got into fights, yes, but the other person agreed to fight me. They taunted me and got hurt. I never just picked them out and beat them up.

  I was a bitch. Not a bully.

  "No I wasn't", Chase said through gritted teeth. I suddenly felt uncomfortable.

  Chase was..hurting Tony and I was just here. I could stop it...but that's not what I do. I'm the bad kid. Not the angel.

  But if I don't...i would be like the people I despised. I'd basically be a bully because I let it happen.

  Maybe I could help without seeming like I was helping.

   What am I thinking?

  "What are you doing here?", Chase asked. I avoided Tonys gaze and looked at Chase.