Chapter 36: Goodbye Highschool

Okay so I'm an idiot and forgot to post this chapter. But I guess I'll just post it now because. enjoy;

Alex's P.O.V:

I got in the car with my Dad and Sarah and we drove the short way to Tony's house.

I texted him saying we were here and only a moment later, he walked outside and approached our car.

He was wearing black pants and a black button up with a grey tie.

"Hey kiddo", my Dad greeted him as he opened the door to sit next to me.

"Hi", he said, timidly as he got in.

His eyes found mine and he froze, his eyes scanning me.

"You look amazing", he said.

"You do too", I winked.

His face flushed as the car began moving.

"Are you guys exited?", my Dad asked.

"I'm nervous", Tony admitted.

"I feel you. I almost peed my pants at my highschool graduation", my Dad said.

"Really?", Tony asked, a small amused smile on his lips.

"No", Dad snorted.

"I was beyond happy to leave", he grinned.

Tony let out a small laugh whereas I rolled my eyes.

"Of course you'd say that", I mumbled to myself.

As soon as we stopped in front of the school, I noticed Tony tense.

"We're gonna go grab seats, see you in a few!", Dad grinned.

I nodded and linked my fingers with Tonys as we slowly walked towards the graduation area.

"Are you alright?", I asked.

"Yeah...it's just. After this, it's real. I don't know if I'm gonna make it", he breathed.

"Hey, look at me", I said.

His eyes met mine and I could see the slight panic in his features.

"You're amazing Tony. Smart, talented and perfect. You're gonna be just fine", I said, meaning everything.

He let out a breath and pulled me into a thankful kiss.

I pulled away a moment after and grinned at him.

"Ready to graduate highschool?", I asked, smirking.

He inhaled sharply and then looked at me.

He nodded and gave my hand a squeeze.

"Good. Let's do this", I grinned, pulling him along.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"And now for the final speech of the day, from out senior class president, Miranda Johnson", the principal said.

I was sitting next to Tony amongst our classmates, even though we were supposed to be in alphabetical order.

His hand was still clutching on to mine as we watched Miranda walk on stage, wearing the same robes all of us had to put over our clothes.

"Hey guys. So I'm not Martin Luther King Jr, so don't expect a perfect speech", she laughed nervously.

Some people in the crowd laughed with her.

"Alright", she murmured to herself before placing the microphone steadily in front of her lips.

"Highschool is many things. Educational, boring, sometimes fun. And even hell", she admitted.

People murmured in agreement in the crowd.

"But it's also a road. Not a cliche 'right or wrong' road, but a road which makes us. Yes, in highschool we don't always make the best choices. We make mistakes. All of us. But our mistakes don't define us. They shape us. Much like highschool does. We may hate it, but without it, we wouldn't be the people we are today", she smiled brightly at the crowd.

"Alot of us will be parting ways after this, going off to college and moving. But everyone we met along the way will remain a part of us. And maybe- just maybe, our paths will cross again", she grinned.

"So let's share this last moment we have together as eachothers peers, and say goodbye to highschool!", she cheered, grabbing her hat and throwing it in the air.

The crowd erupted in cheers and we all stood up and threw our hats in the air simultaneously.

I looked over at Tony with the biggest grin on my face and crashed my lips against his.

He responded immediately, kissing me back with as much exitement and passion.

I pulled away upon feeling the flash of a camera.

Tony and I looked over to where his Mom, Sarah and my Dad were standing.

Of course, Sarah was holding the camera with a huge grin on her face.

Julissa, Tonys Mom, beamed and pulled us both in to a tight hug.

"Aww you two are growing up so fast! Next thing you'll be moving away to start a family of your own together", she said, rather dramatically.

Tonys face flushed in embarrassment as his Mom pulled away.

"Picture time!", Sarah grinned.

I sighed while Julissa and Sarah gushed over us.

"Let's take one with the robes, and then the rest without", Julissa suggested.

Sarah nodded and aimed the camera at us.

"Get closer", she urged.

I did as told and shifted closer to Tony. His arm found its way around my waist, pulling me to him.

I showed a peace sign at the camera and Sarah shot me a Stern look.

"No peace signs. Or anything like that", she said.

I nodded and pretended I understood.

Just as she clicked the camera, I made the peace sign again and she glared playfully at me.

I smirked in triumph and Tony chuckled.

I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. He was thankfully only a couple inches taller than me.

A flash of a camera interupted our 'moment' and I narrowed my eyes at Sarah and Julissa, whom were gushing over us.

"Sorry I just couldn't help it! It was the perfect moment!", Sarah grinned.

"It was until you ruined it", I muttered.

"Oh well. Now take off the robes! I want more pictures!", Sarah ordered.

I sighed and prepared myself for the hell that awaited me.

I hate pictures.