Chapter Four: This Never Happened

I clenched my fists as I skated away from that damned house.

   Who did she think she was?

   I chewed on my cheek as I turned a corner on the board. I have no idea where I was going. But I had to get away from her.

   I recognized the familiar streets and realized a small park was near the area, so I headed towards there.

    I knew running away from problems doesn't solve them, but I couldn't stand being there.

   I sighed as I saw some trees come into view. I slowed down and sat under a shady tree and put my head in my hands.

   What the hell am I gonna do?

   "What's up with you?", an annoying voice asked. I bit my tongue and looked up to see Chase standing in front of me with his skateboard in his hand.

   "Go away", I groaned, leaning my head against the tree. "So what's up?", he asked, ignoring my request.

   "Nothing. Leave", I muttered. Chase shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever, you going to the party tonight?", he asked.

   I shook my head. "Brandon throws shit parties", I grumbled. I hadn't really gone but I knew they sucked.

   That's how bad they were.

   "How would you know? You never show up", Chase pointed out. "Don't need to", I said.

   "Anyways, this one is gonna be way better. He's hiring a professional DJ and having it at the private beach", Chase said.

   "And why the hell should I care?", I muttered, getting annoyed. Chase smirked. "Fiesty. I like it".

   I rolled my eyes at him. "But seriously, maybe you can be my date", he suggested, running a hand through his light brown hair.

  "No", I said instantly. Chase frowned. "Why not? Bad girl and Bad Guy? Perfect match if you ask me".

   "Well nobody asked you", I muttered. Chase frowned. "Come on", he pleaded. "Not even if you were the last person in earth", I grumbled.

  "You're here getting away from things, right?", he asked. I stayed silent and studied him, trying to see what he was playing at.

  "I'll take that as a yes. So think of this, if you go to the party with me, you don't have to go back to wherever you left", he said, grinning.

  He had a point. "True, or I could just stay here until I feel like going back", I said. He stopped grinning and sighed.

   "Come on, why not? I'm hot", he said, motioning to his body. "No you're not", I said, "now leave me alone".

   "Not until you a-", he stopped himself and looked behind him. I looked up at him, curious to see what shut him up.

   I followed his angry gaze and saw that he was glaring daggers at...Tony?

  Tony was walking a few feet away with his head down and his backpack on his back.

  He was probably just coming back from the library.

  "Hold on", Chase muttered and dropped his board. "Wait!", I said and stood up. Chase stopped and looked at me.

  "What are you doing?", I asked. Chase's eyes filled with anger and hate. It was kind of intimidating.

   "Giving this prick what he deserves", he muttered and walked up to Tony before I could say anything else.

   Tony froze in fear and stopped in his tracks. Chase grabbed him roughly and pinned him against a tree.