Chapter 16: You Tell Me

I sighed to myself and left the dress on the bed, going towards the shower instead. I quickly washed myself off, then rinsed off and hopped out.

I dried myself and changed into the dress, making sure to wear spandex shorts underneath. I decided to let my hair stay natural so I brushed it through and put gel on it to tame the waves.

I didn't bother brushing my bangs out of my face. I slipped on some black Converse because hell knows I don't wear flats.

I quickly applied mascara and eyeliner, then stared at myself in the mirror.

The dress was black and lacey and went down to my knees in the front and flowed farther down in the back. It also had long sleeves with holes for my thumbs to go through. What I hated though, was the pink belt around my waist.

I sighed to myself and grabbed my phone and earbuds, heading downstairs. My Dad and Sarah were in the living room, and she was helping him put on his tie.

They both stopped and stared at me as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"What?", I asked.

"You look beautiful! I knew it would look great!", Sarah gushed, coming over to me.

"Pinks not my colour. Anything on a dress isn't my colour", I grumbled. My Dad rolled his eyes and came over to me.

"Wait till her boyfriend sees her", he said.

"For the last time, he's not my boyfriend", I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, sure", he replied sarcastically, "tell him we're on our way to pick him up in five".

I nodded and texted Tony on Facebook.

Alex: We'll be there in 5

Almost immediately, I got a reply.

Tony: Okay, I'll wait outside

"Let's get this over with", I sighed and followed Sarah and my Dad to the car.

I got in the left side of the backseat and we drove the short trip to Tony's. He was already waiting by the driveway.

He cleaned up nice.

He was wearing a black dress shirt, with the sleeves rolled down, and black skinny jeans with black Converse.

"Hey", I said.

"H- Woah", he froze, looking at me.

"Told you", I heard my Dad say to Sarah. I rolled my eyes at them.

"Come on", I said. Tony nodded and climbed inside. He sat next to me and buckled up.

"Are we ready?", my Dad asked.

"Yeah", I said. He nodded and began driving off. It wasn't too late, only around 4 in the afternoon.

I noticed Tony staring at me. I rose an eyebrow at him and he blushed at being caught.

"Uh...you look great", he said, quietly. I felt a weird tingly feeling in my stomach but covered it up with a laugh.

"Thanks. You too", I winked. He blushed and looked out the window.

"So you're the boyfriend?", my Dad asked Tony, grinning.

"Uh..no..we're not dating", Tony said awkwardly.

"Dad, stop", I said. He was so embarrassing sometimes.

"What? You can't blame me", he said. I sighed and pulled out my phone, ignoring him.