Chapter 17: Confidence

The next day I felt a little different going to school. It was Tuesday and it was also barley starting to register in my mind that I had kissed Tony.

  At this point, I was confused about what I wanted. Did I actually feel something for Tony, and if I did, could we even become something?

  I sighed to myself as I walked towards school. I didn't want to lead Tony on if it meant nothing. What do I even want?

  I pushed past the annoying people at my school to get to my locker. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Tony getting his things from his locker down the hall.

  I didn't notice I was staring at him until his gaze met mine and he blushed. I looked away from him and walked towards my first class.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

  "Alex?", a nervous voice asked. Sadly, it was a voice I didn't want to hear right now.

  I sighed to myself and turned to him. Tony was standing behind me, looking anxious. It was sixth period and I ditched it to come out to the field.

  "What?", I asked.

  "Are..are you avoiding me?", he asked.

  "No", I lied. I had been avoiding him all day. I was just so conflicted about what I wanted.

  "Yes you have", he frowned.

  "Okay, yeah I have", I admitted. A flash of hurt spread on his face.

  "Why?", he asked, quietly.  

  "It doesn't matter", I shook my head.

  "It does to me", he said.

  I ran a frustrated hand through my hair, only for it to fall back into my eyes.

  "Because I don't know what to do. Okay? I don't want to hurt you since I know how you feel about me..but part of me feels the same way and it's so confusing. I don't know what I want. All I know is I want what's best for you", I rambled.

  A look of adoration flashed across his face, then happiness and...confidence?

  He stepped closer to me and I raised an eyebrow.

  I took a step back, only for my back to hit a tree.

  Tony grabbed my hand in his and laced our fingers together, still walking closer to me.

  Where did this come from? Where's the shy turtle boy? And why do I like this side of him?

  "Does that mean you want me too?", he asked, his voice low and deep.

  Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah....woah.

  Where did all this confidence come from?

  "Maybe", I mumbled.

  Tony stared down at me and completely took me by surprise by leaning down and closing the gap between us.

  He pressed his lips to mine. I kissed back almost instantly as if it were a reflex. I loved the way his cold snakebites felt against my lips.

He gripped my waist and pulled me closer to him.

  After a hot as hell kiss, he pulled away and for once, I was rendered speechless.

  "Alex?", he asked, his forehead pressed against mine.

"Yeah?", I breathed, still slightly dazed.

  "C-can we be something?", he asked, his usual shy persona coming back.

  His eyes scanned my anxiously as he waited for the answer.

  I wanted to say no, I wanted to keep my walls up and not let anyone in.

  But I knew that the moment I got to know Tony, my walls crashed down faster than I could say no.

  I searched his eyes and my mouth seemed to have a mind of its own because I didn't even register what came out of my mouth next.

  "Sure", I blurted out.

  Tony's face lit up like Christmas and he pulled me in for another breath-taking kiss.

  I could get used to this.

-----

(A/N)

  Really short filler chapter. I have no excuses for not updating. Oh wait, yeah I do.

It's cause I'm an idiot.