Chapter 13: Teddy Bears And Death Traps

"Wake up, Lex", a voice said. Obviously, it was my Dad. He's the only person who calls me Lex.

  "No..it's Saturday", I muttered into my pillow.

  "Yeah, but it's past one. You need to wake up", he said. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

  "Fine", I muttered. I noticed he was already dressed in khaki shorts and a black T-shirt.

  "Sarah and I are going on a date at the boardwalk, will you be fine here?", he asked.

  "Yeah. I'll probably just sleep", I mumbled. He nodded and stood up.

  "Well, call me if you need anything", he said. I nodded and got out of my bed.

  "Okay. Bye, I love you", he said.

  "You too", I yawned and walked to my bathroom as he left. I immediately stripped down and hopped in the shower.

  The fresh water woke me up and I sighed in content as I carried on cleansing myself.

  After I was clean, I rinsed off and stepped out of the shower. I continued with my daily routine and walked downstairs once I was done.

  I poured myself a bowl of cereal and plopped myself down on the couch. I grabbed the remote and turned the channel to Nickelodeon.

  I grinned as I saw Spongebob playing. I watched the show and ate my cereal.

  About half an hour later, my phone buzzed from beside me. I picked it up and saw that Tony commented on his mom's status.

   Tony Perry: Oh God no. Mom! Delete that!

  I smirked as I imagined him getting worked up. It was so funny to see him blush.

   I grinned and began typing a comment of my own:

  Alex: I think it should stay, it's cute ;)

  I submitted it and imagined the blush on his face once he saw it. I dropped my phone onto my lap and went back to watching TV.

            -Later That Day-

   "Alex..", Sarah continued. They had come back from their date about an hour ago and Sarah was trying to get me to do something with her.

  "No", I growled and crossed my arms.

  "Lex..come on. Just go to the mall with her, spend some time together", my Dad encouraged.

  "No", I repeated. Sarah sighed and looked genuinely disappointed.

  "Please, give me one reason why you can't go", she urged.

  "Well because I can't stand you. Your voice is annoying and you act like a teenager. You're face is too-", I began listing off things I hated about her.

  "Stop it, Alex", my Dad said. I rolled my eyes at them.

  "Please", Sarah begged.

  "Nope. I'm busy", I blurted out.

  "Busy with what?", my Dad asked.

  "I told a friend I'd hang out with them", I lied smoothly and shrugged.

  "Well maybe you can have them tag along", Sarah offered. I got up from the couch and tucked my phone in my back pocket.

  "Nope. Sorry. I'll see you later, Dad", I told him. I walked out before they could protest.