Chapter Five: Guilty

I prepared myself for the warzone that awaited me at home. I parked Sarah's car and locked it.

   "You", Sarah said angrily as I walked in. I decided to have a little fun. "Me?", I asked innocently.

   She clenched her jaw. "What makes you think you can just take away with my car?!", she asked.

   I simply shrugged.

  "Answer me!", she demanded. Her brown eyes were filled with rage.

   "I did", I said. Sarah intensified her glare. She looked constipated.

  So much for intimidating.

   "Give me a real answer or else", she warned. I clenched my fists, now also getting angry.

   Control yourself, I chanted.

  "Or else what? You'll go running to your husband?", I dared.

   "I'm sick and tired of you always acting up! I try and try yet you always find a way to piss me off and ruin everything!", she yelled.

   I ignored her and watched as she finished her stupid little rant.

   "You never even try to be good! Why won't you tell me where you went? Huh? To sell drugs? Do graffiti? Get drunk?!", she yelled.

   "I took someone to the fucking hospital, alright?!", I snapped. Sarah snapped her mouth shut and looked at me.

   "Didn't think I was capable of helping someone, huh?", I asked. She opened her mouth to speak, but then clamped it shut.

   "That's why you took my car?", she asked, now alot more calmer. I rolled my eyes.

   "Isn't that what I just said? Do you really think I'm stupid enough to kill myself in drugs and alcohol?", I asked.

   Sarah opened her mouth to reply. "That was a rhetorical question", I spat. Then I turned around and stormed up to my room.

   That woman really knows how to get on my nerves.

                     *-*-*-*-*

    The next day I found myself wandering around the school during lunch.

   The food here was gross and the people were annoying. Chase kept on glaring at me but I just flipped him the bird.

   I whistled the tune to If It Means Alot To You, by A Day To Remember, as I strolled through the hallways.

   I was really bored and Lunch didn't end for another twenty minutes. What should I do?

   Set another trashcan on fire? Throw rocks at windows? Trash some rooms? Toilet Paper the bathroom?

   Nah, I think I'll have a peacful Friday. I ended up sitting down on the stairs while listening to music through my earbuds.

   Eventually, I had to leave and walk to History class, so reluctantly, I did.

   "Alex? You're late...again. Go sit with your partner, projects are due at the end of the period", she said.

   "Yeah, yeah", I muttered and sat down in the back next to Tony. He was looking better. Except for the black eye and busted lip.

   "Hey", he said politely. I kept looking at him, not replying. He swallowed awkwardly and pulled out the drive we had our project on.

   "I have our project here", he said. "I can see that", I told him. He rubbed the back of his neck.