Chapter 28: Caught

Tony's P.O.V:

   I followed Alex as quickly and quietly as I could. It was really hard by the way, she walks fast.

  She walked down block after block until we reached the sketchy side of Downtown San Diego.

  I felt uneasy being here but my curiosity easily made up for that.

  Alex stopped right by an old brick wall on the side of a building. She pulled her phone out and set her duffel bag down as she talked to someone on the other line.

  A few minutes after she hung up, a slick black car pulled up and a tall, slightly built man walked out.

He had a cigarette in between his fingers and long, dark black hair.

  I couldn't see too much from where I was so I quickly shuffled close enough to barley make out some of what they were saying.

  "I knew you'd come around. Old habits die hard", the man's deep voice came out.

  I could see Alex roll her eyes.

  "Whatever, Andy. This is the last time", she said.

  "Whatever you say", Andy said, a smirk plastered on his face.

  "Whatever. What do you need me to do?", she asked, zipping her duffel bag open and pulling out a bandanna.

  I watched the scene unfold before me, all while fighting with my own mind.

  Alex's P.O.V:

  "Whatever. What do you need me to do?", I asked, opening my duffel bag and pulling out my bandanna.

  I tied it around my mouth and nose to protect myself from the fumes of the spray paint.

  "Remember that tattoo artist who wasn't so sure about what mural he wanted?", Andy asked.

  "Romeo?", I asked. Romeo Lacoste was a cool dude. He was really picky though.

  "Yeah, him. He finally decided", He told me.

  "Let me see it then", I said.

  Andy slipped a folded piece of paper from his leather jacket's pocket and handed it to me.

  I studied every detail on the picture, which appeared to be hand drawn.

  The colours were mostly black, white and grey, but a few things were vivid colours, like red, or neon green, creating that pop effect.

  I hid my grin so Andy wouldn't see how stoked I was to finally get my hands to work on a mural again.

  "Alright. I would leave you to it like normal but tonight is a special. So I'll stay and enjoy the view", he said, snatching the paper from my hands and blowing smoke out of his mouth.

  "I need the picture to see what I'm gonna paint", I snapped.

  "I'm not stupid, Alex, I know you already memorized every detail", he said, grinning at me.

  "Shut up", I rolled my eyes.

  I began to take out the colours I'd need for this piece as Andy kept blabbing.

"You know, it's such a shame. You're a talented artist with photographic memory. You could go far", he said, inhaling some more smoke.

"And you're a brain dead idiot who has the potential to shut his mouth, but we don't all get what we want", I grumbled.

  "Still as fiery as ever, I see", he smirked.

  I looked around at our surroundings. I felt that weird sensation of being watched, but it didn't feel dangerous, it just felt creepy.

  I ignored it and pulled my hoodie up and began spraying the colours onto the dead brick wall, bringing it back to life.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

  I stepped back from the now finished mural. It took me at least three hours, seeing as I had to jump to finish the top.

  "It looks perfect. Not that I'd expect anything less from you", Andy winked.

  "Your flirting is annoying. Aren't you with Juliet?", I asked.

  "We're on and off. Like always. Currently though? We just hook up alot", he said, flashing me a smirk.

  "Whatever. I think I'm done", I said, stretching my arms and examining the finished product.

  The backround was black and white, with some greys here and there. It consisted of a lot of big, dark trees that slumped and hung over the single trail that seemed to divide the picture in half.

  On the trail there was a girl leaning on one of the trees, her lips were a vivid red, standing out from the rest of her grey body.

  Her arms were scattered in tattoos and some neon blues and greens were in the tattoos.

  Her hair was a dark, yet neon purple, also standing out from the rest of the mural.

  Randomly along the branches of the trees were some small birds with colourful feathers that also stood out.

  I was proud of this. It felt kind of right to end this chapter in my life with such a great mural.

  "Great. I'll show Romeo tomorrow and he'll pay you later", Andy said.

I nodded carelessly and put the bottles of spray paint back into the duffel bag and zipped it up.

"I have some good shit on me. Want a hit?", he offered, pulling out a plastic bag with what was most likely weed inside.

  "No, I'm good",I said, slinging the duffel bag over one shoulder.

  "Aww come on. Just one hit? For last times sake?", he pleaded.

"No. I'm not in the mood", I said, shoving the bandanna in the pocket of the duffel bag.

  "What? Are you trying to be a good girl or something? We all know you can't go a minute without getting yourself in trouble", he scoffed.

  "Yeah and I don't give a shit. I'm going, I have better things to do than listen to your annoying ass", I rolled my eyes.

  "You'll come back to me. I know you will. Maybe not right away, but you will. They always do", he called after me as I walked away.

  I let out an annoyed breath just as I bumped into someone.

  I rose a very suspicious and slightly angry eyebrow at him.

  "I can explain", Tony said.