Chapter 21: And It All Came Crashing Down

On Monday I found myself walking towards Tony's locker. Even though I had seen him yesterday, I still missed him.

  God, I'm whipped.

I grinned as Tony came into view. He was getting his stuff out of his locker.

  "Hey", I said, leaning against the locker next to his.

  "Hi", he smiled and closed the door.

  I leaned in and gave him a soft kiss, not being able to help myself.

As I pulled away, Tony's face was slightly red.

  "Want me to walk you to class?", he asked.

  I hummed in response and shook my head.

"Nope. I feel like ditching most of my classes today", I said.

  "So then why'd you come to school?", he asked, curiously.

  "To see my sexy boyfriend", I said, holding back a laugh as he blushed.

  "Oh", he said, smiling sheepishly. The bell rang and I gave him a quick kiss before letting him walk to his first class.

As I walked down the almost deserted hallways, I bumped into Chase.

"Watch it", I snapped, annoyed.

  "I think you should watch yourself", he said, smirking mischievously.

"What are you up to?", I asked, suspiciously.

  "Me? Not a thing, babe. Not a thing", he said, walking past me with that smug grin on his face.

  For some odd reason, this gave me a bad feeling in my gut. I pushed it away and continued walking down the hallways

  Which class should I interrupt now?

   Tony's P.O.V:

   I sighed almost dreamily as I thought about Alex. It was all so surreal to me.

  I never thought anyone, especially as perfect as her, could like me.

She made me feel like no one else has before. Every time I saw her, or even thought about her, my whole day became brighter instantly.

  She was just too perfect.

  And I'm too whipped.

  The bell rang, snapping me out of my dream-like state. I collected my things and headed towards my next class.

  Before I could get there, I was roughly grabbed and slammed against a locker.

  I groaned and looked at Chase, who was watching me with a smirk.

  "Is the emo freak happy with his little 'girlfriend'?", he asked.

  "Can I just go to class?", I asked, not wanting to deal with him all over again.

  "No. Let me tell you something. Alex doesn't want you. She doesn't even like you", he said.

  "Then why is she dating me?", I shot back. Chase laughed and smirked at me.

  "She's using you", he said, simply. I tried to push away the doubting thoughts in my mind.

  Alex wouldn't use me.

  "No she's not", I said, stubbornly.

  "I'm afraid so. She's actually into me", he said.

  "No", I said, shaking my head. She hates him.

  "Yes. You better believe it. Because soon, she'll make you the laughing stock of the whole school. Everyone is gonna laugh at how you actually thought anyone could ever like you", he said, harshly.

  "She does like me", I defended, not so strongly though. My insecurities were flooding through my mind, causing doubt to blossom everywhere.

  "No. She likes bad boys. She likes me. Want me to prove it? Meet me in the gym at lunch", he said, letting me go and pushing past me.

  I was left with all these thoughts racing in my mind.

  Why does he want me to meet him in the gym?

  Should I go?

Will Alex be there?

  I pushed the thoughts to the far back of my mind and forced myself to go to class.

  I'd figure it out.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

  There were three minutes until the bell rang for lunch. My foot was tapping uncontrollably against the tiled floor.

  I didn't want to meet up with Chase, but the curiosity was killing me.

  As the bell rang, I let out a deep breath and slowly walked towards the gym, fearing what was in store.

  It took me a good five minutes to walk there because I constantly kept stopping to calm myself down.

  I stared at the closed gym doors intently. Then I took a deep breath and slowly opened them, peering inside cautiously.

  At first, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

  But as I turned my head, I could see to figures pressed up against the wall to the left of me.

  I could clearly see them.

  Alex and Chase.

Chase had her pinned against the wall, and they were kissing heatedly.

  It's probably not what it looks like, a small voice tried to explain the heart breaking scene in front of me.

  But as I looked closer, I could clearly see Alex's hands gripping Chase's hair.

  She did that with me...

  "Stop", I heard Alex say, angrily.

  "Come on, babe", Chase said.

  Alex opened her mouth with a hard glare on her face but her eyes suddenly found me.

  It was like all the colour was drained from her face.

  "Tony..", she said.

  I shook my head, a hot tear falling down my cheek.

  "Wait! Tony!", she said, struggling against Chase's grip.

  "No", I choked, rushing out of there.

  I could barley breathe as I ran out of the school and all the way home.

  I knew it was too good to be true. I knew I wasn't worth it.

God, why did I have to be such an idiot?!

  I slammed the house door as I entered, knowing I was alone in the house.

  I quickly rushed up to my room and as soon as I closed my door, I fell to my knees.

  I was a sobbing mess, struggling to breathe.

  I felt so pathetic. Crying over a girl who never truly wanted me.

But god damn it, I was so attached to her.

  I couldn't keep my eyes off her since she moment I saw her.

  And look where it got me, crying out the pieces of my broken heart on my bedroom floor.

  I sobbed and crawled over to my bathroom, opening the mirror.

  I pulled out something I hadn't used since I got close to Alex.

  But she was a mistake.

  These shiny pieces of silver were my true friends. They'd never deceive me like she did.

They'd never break my heart like she did.

  And they'll never make me fall in love...like she did.