Chapter 37: Packing Away

Alex's P.O.V:

After a horrible thirty minutes of taking pictures, we all went to eat together.

I went with Tony and his Mom in their car because I didn't want to be in the same vehicle as an over-exited Sarah.

We parked outside of some fancy buffet and walked in together.

Tony squeezed my hand as we were lead to our table.

I sat next to Tony, across from Sarah, My Dad and Julissa.

After we ordered drinks, we all got up and left the table to get food.

I stayed close to Tony because I felt like it.

Not because I was totally whipped.

"Alex?", Tony asked as we got plates and walked towards the food.

"Hmm?", I hummed in response, putting some mashed potatoes on my plate.

"What are you doing later today? Because I have a surprise for you...", he scratched the back of his neck with the hand that wasn't holding his plate.

"I have a suprise for you too. And nothing", I replied.

"You didn't have to. I already asked your Dad if I could take you with me and he was fine with it. So I just had to make sure you wanted to go", he said, putting some steamed veggies on his plate.

"Go where? And of course I'd want to go with you, idiot", I teased.

"It's part of the surprise. But after we leave here can you pack so we can go?", he asked.

"Sure. As long as we're not going somewhere to kill me", I shot him a playful grin.

"Obviously I wouldn't kill you", he rolled his eyes.

We got some more food and headed back to our table where everyone else was already digging in.

"So Alex, what do you want to do now that you're a highschool graduate?", Sarah asked.

"I don't know. I want to take a break though before I start thinking about careers", I shrugged.

"I did that too. I spent the summer in Miami", Dad grinned.

"Of course you did", I replied.

"What about you, Tony?", Sarah asked.

Tony gave her his trademark shy smile and cleared his throat.

"Um..I want to do something with music", he replied.

"That's cool. I'm proud of you guys", Sarah grinned.

"Me too. Highschool for me was hell. I'm glad you two made it through together", Julissa beamed.

I felt Tony's fingers slip through mine under the table.

"Me too", he replied.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Are you almost done packing?", Tonys voice asked through the other line.

"Yeah. Um..Who's car are we taking?", I asked.

"My Mom rented me a car", he said.

"Oh..um is there any way I can maybe take another car and follow you?", I asked, staring at the guitar I bought him that was still in its box and wrapped in Star Wars wrapping paper.

"Why?", he asked.

"Well I don't want you to see my surprise and I can't exactly carry it in my bag", I said.