Chapter 23: I'll Prove It

I had already known that Tony dealt with self harm, but I'd never seen him do it.

  I snapped out of my thoughts and rushed over to the self-destroying boy.

  I quickly snatched the blade from him, not even caring that I sliced my self on accident.

  "Go away!", he cried, trying to yank it back from me.

  "Tony, stop", I said, my voice shaky.

  "Leave me alone! You already ruined enough!", he choked, crawling away from me.

  "Tony I swear it wasn't like that!", I said, at this point begging for him to listen.

  "Really? Because I know what I fucking saw!", he growled, wiping his eyes.

  "Tony, he forced himself on me! I would never ever kiss him! You know how much I hate him!", I explained.

  "You were just a mistake! I can't believe I fell for your bullshit!", he said.

  His words hurt. More than any other words I've heard. But I didn't just give up and walk away.

  He's the only good thing in my life and I'll be damned if I let him go.

  "Hear me out, first. If you still don't believe me then I'll leave. But I won't leave until you know the truth", I said.

  "I already know the truth! You fucking used me! I can't believe you'd stoop so low", he said.

  I got on my knees in front of him and bent down so we were face-to-face.

  "I'd never use you", I said, softly.

  "Stop! Go away!", he said, looking away from me.

  "Tony please", I pleaded.

  I felt the vaguely familiar lump in my throat that I haven't felt since my mother's funeral.

  "I hate you", he choked out.

  Those words were like a reality check for me. I knew that simply telling him the truth wouldn't do the trick.

  I had to prove it.

  I swallowed my pride and looked at him, my eyes slightly blurred.

  "Don't say that", I said, my voice shaky.

  "Why?!", he wanted to know.

  "Because I...", I trailed off.

  This was dangerous territory and I knew it.

  This could go two ways: either he'll see the truth and we'll fix this, or he'll deny me and break my heart.

  "You what?! What the fuck is so important that you won't leave me alone?!", he said.

  I looked at him, feeling the most vulnerable I've ever felt in front of anyone before.

  "I love you".